bidding on a route?

otizanig

Is management under any obligation to notify anyone who is on workers comp or vacation of any route up for bid in their center?

upschuck

No, here they post bid where it will span two weeks, so those on vac can see it either before or after they go, unless they have both weeks off. When those folks come back from extended time off, they can take the route if they would of won it when bid.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I am worried about this as well. It is why I either call or text a driver in my center at least once during my vaca to get an update to the goings on.

Rainman

Its all good.
We've been a bonus center for 25+ years. Some people don't want to help, but most of the drivers will because they know that everyone needs help sometimes. Not very many cutthroats because they know payback is hell.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

UPSGUY72

Is management under any obligation to notify anyone who is on workers comp or vacation of any route up for bid in their center?

They usually post bids in my center on a Tuesday or Wednesday so they are posted during two weeks....

However if they don't in your building and you miss bidding a route that you would have WON and want it file a grievance.

UPSGUY72

At our center of 22 ft routes. The managers and the steward inform all of open bids. Via phone calls. If not at work

The bidding / seniority area in my local covers 3 building/ 4 centers of about 170+/- total routes... They have to post each bid in all three buildings...

UPSGUY72

So that means you can jump 4 centers in each bid? If you wanted too

Yes you can bid into any center... Two are in the same building one is 50 miles west and the other is 30 miles north of the 2 center building I'm currently in. I live 2 miles from the one 50 miles away I got bumped out a couple of years ago so I get to drive 52 miles to and from work each day...