Bidding on routes outside of my center?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Buenos Nachos. Long time gawker first time poster. Full time driver, 7 months into senority. Western Region. I've learned a ton already from this community and don't want to ask anybody in my center this question so as not to get labeled.
I love the job, really do, but dislike the process of being a cover driver. I'm dead last in seniority and my work day is basically at the whim of about 4 drivers who scheme every chance they get for an easy route or a day off (can't say I blame them). I know I'm new and probably the last full time hire in my center for a long time and am lucky to have the normal progression, so I know my role and act professional. Just wondering if it's possible to bid for outes elsewhere in the country? Have some money saved, am single and no kids and actually could use a big change. Smartass comments encouraged. Cheers

Slug Life

When do we eat?
Buenos Nachos. Long time gawker first time poster. Full time driver, 7 months into senority. Western Region. I've learned a ton already from this community and don't want to ask anybody in my center this question so as not to get labeled.
I love the job, really do, but dislike the process of being a cover driver. I'm dead last in seniority and my work day is basically at the whim of about 4 drivers who scheme every chance they get for an easy route or a day off (can't say I blame them). I know I'm new and probably the last full time hire in my center for a long time and am lucky to have the normal progression, so I know my role and act professional. Just wondering if it's possible to bid for outes elsewhere in the country? Have some money saved, am single and no kids and actually could use a big change. Smartass comments encouraged. Cheers
Are you guys bidding the routes weekly? That way you can hold them to running the route they bid vs. flip-flopping to the easiest route that day?
At least then you may get to stay in one place for the week regardless of their shenanigans.
Best of luck from a top-cover driver here.

barnyard

KTM rider

I was the top guy for years. I bid a route because I was sick of getting a wagon that needed fuel and had half-eaten lunch in it. I work with pigs. Now that I have the route, I really miss covering the other routes that I covered. I can go back to cover in January and think that I will.

Slug Life

When do we eat?
I was the top guy for years. I bid a route because I was sick of getting a wagon that needed fuel and had half-eaten lunch in it. I work with pigs. Now that I have the route, I really miss covering the other routes that I covered. I can go back to cover in January and think that I will.
Yea if someone leaves me a nasty truck I bag it all up and throw it on my On-Car’s desk that morning.
I then file a sanitation grievance. As well as shaming the filthy pig/s at PCM. If they leave a piss bottle all hell breaks loose lol.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Sometimes, the half eaten lunch comes in handy....

barnyard

KTM rider
I then file a sanitation grievance.

Never thought of doing that.
In my current truck, I sweep out once a week or so and clean the inside of the cab windows every other week or so. It is not shiny new, but it is also not a men's bathroom at the end of a baseball game.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I told my supe, "Next time that happens, I'll puke in the cab and go home. Then you can clean up puke and a half eaten lunch." A pile of fried chicken bones is disgusting.
I like when the dumb idiot puts trash into the holder that used to hold a trash can for the whole week. Banana peels and chicken wings, along with half an order of nachos. Don’t forget three or four cans of Monster, all crushed into the bracket. Really nice experience on Monday after vacay.

Over disciplined0123

Are you guys bidding the routes weekly? That way you can hold them to running the route they bid vs. flip-flopping to the easiest route that day?
At least then you may get to stay in one place for the week regardless of their shenanigans.
There are hubs out there that bud routes daily? Omg that would be awful .We bid every 2 years

Over disciplined0123

Well you probably dont like guys like me I'm off 3 weeks in July and 3 in August and when I come back my route always has 25 more stops added to it with all new order why is that . Then it takes 1 week to get it back to normal

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I know what I signed up for so I happily take the work I get. Many in my center struggle to get hours their first year, I've averaged 35-45 a week, sometimes it's 3 days sometimes it's 6. Just looking to use whatever resources I have to go after getting my own route as soon as I can.

WTFm8

I know what I signed up for so I happily take the work I get. Many in my center struggle to get hours their first year, I've averaged 35-45 a week, sometimes it's 3 days sometimes it's 6. Just looking to use whatever resources I have to go after getting my own route as soon as I can.

You don't get a route any sooner, it's all senority based.

Over disciplined0123

I was one of the lucky ones to be promoted from part time sorter to full time driver in late 90s. We had a lot of drivers who started in 70s retiring (the old days they said the routes would have 50 stops and travel each over 110 miles a day finish at 230 or 3 ) times changed now . I always had a route to bid .