Bidding rights

Tonk54

Can a driver that has been off work for over a year drawing off the job disabilty. Have the right to bid on a 22-3 job. Driver has no return work date.

packageguy

Can a driver that has been off work for over a year drawing off the job disabilty. Have the right to bid on a 22-3 job. Driver has no return work date.

he can put his name on the list, If he is not back by the date posted for bid sheet, he does not get the bid...

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Do you have the article or what language can I find that under. Thanks for the respone

You need to check your supplement, but in general unless there is language which prohibits someone in his situation from bidding on the job, then he can bid on it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You need to check your supplement, but in general unless there is language which prohibits someone in his situation from bidding on the job, then he can bid on it.

You would need to check your supplement.... and any Local Union Rider. They differ.

Unless your language says different.... The company is under no obligation to "hold" a bid open until

the "bidder" is available. Your mileage may vary.

-Bug-

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You would need to check your supplement.... and any Local Union Rider. They differ.

Unless your language says different.... The company is under no obligation to "hold" a bid open until

the "bidder" is available. Your mileage may vary.

-Bug-
Well they don't have to hold the bid open, it's being won by an employee that is currently out on comp(assuming he wins the bid).
Either way they still have to cover a position and in this situation it might be to their advantage to move the driver to a 22.3 job.

bluehdmc

When feeder runs are bid by me people on comp, disability, or even suspension bid on runs in seniority order and the jobs are covered until they come back to work.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Your supplement or rider will specify the bidding procedure.

It will define the length of time the bid must be posted.... And the the amount of time,

the company has toward awarding the bid or implementing it.

If you are off on comp or disability, with no scheduled return date {as stated by the OP}....

Unless your language says different.... you wouldn't be eligible to win it.

If your return date falls within the implementation date(s).... you're good to go.

I have dealt with this exact situation. Also, people on comp or disability who miss the chance at a bid they could have won.

As always.... it's best to know your Local language.

-Bug-

menotyou

bella amicizia
Your supplement or rider will specify the bidding procedure.

It will define the length of time the bid must be posted.... And the the amount of time,

the company has toward awarding the bid or implementing it.

If you are off on comp or disability, with no scheduled return date {as stated by the OP}....

Unless your language says different.... you wouldn't be eligible to win it.

If your return date falls within the implementation date(s).... you're good to go.

I have dealt with this exact situation. Also, people on comp or disability who miss the chance at a bid they could have won.

As always.... it's best to know your Local language.

-Bug-
Not here, bug. I have no scheduled return date after three years, and bid two years ago, and will bid this round. center manager has already talked to me about it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
:wink2:

It varies all over the country. Just as an example....

Here, package car drivers only bid when a route becomes available. Feeder drivers bid annually.

-Bug-
At my tiny center(ave 30 runs), we all(feeders and package) bid off the same list and do it every two years. Sounds like my personal life. :rofl:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
:wink2:

It varies all over the country. Just as an example....

Here, package car drivers only bid when a route becomes available. Feeder drivers bid annually.

-Bug-
Around here package bids every year, feeders bid every 6 months. If you win a bid while you're out on comp/disability they'll just put a cover driver on it til you get back.

W

want to retire

I think the difference is that he is changing classifications. For example: if your name comes up on a feeder bid list.....you must be ready to go or get past and the next guy gets it. That goes for failing the written or a whole host of other things like being late to the feeder school.......no matter what. Pretty draconian around here. I would think they would have to hold that job until he/she is well/back to work. For some reason feeders is different....at least here.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
It's a win for the company if a driver out on comp wins a 22.3 bid because they can cover the work with a couple PT employees for half the money.