Biden talks to Walmart, UPS, Target, other CEOs on supply issues

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Biden talks to Walmart, UPS, Target, other CEOs on supply issues - Reuters

President Joe Biden spoke on Tuesday with the chief executives at Walmart Inc), United Parcel Service Inc, FedEx Corp and Target Corp to discuss speeding up deliveries and lowering prices for consumers, according to a White House official.

"During the conversations, President Biden received updates from these private-sector leaders on the efforts they're taking to speed up throughput in our entire goods movement supply chain and discussed how shelves will be well-stocked this holiday season," the official said, without providing extensive detail.

Biden, facing political pressure over rising U.S. prices, has been organizing an effort to clear transportation bottlenecks, ease semiconductor shortages and pass a spending bill that officials hope will ease long-term inflation.

Est.1998

President Joe Biden spoke on Tuesday with the chief executives at Walmart Inc), United Parcel Service Inc, FedEx Corp and Target Corp to discuss speeding up deliveries and lowering prices for consumers
Joseph thinks we live in a cartoon…

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Biden talks to Walmart, UPS, Target, other CEOs on supply issues - Reuters

President Joe Biden spoke on Tuesday with the chief executives at Walmart Inc), United Parcel Service Inc, FedEx Corp and Target Corp to discuss speeding up deliveries and lowering prices for consumers, according to a White House official.

"During the conversations, President Biden received updates from these private-sector leaders on the efforts they're taking to speed up throughput in our entire goods movement supply chain and discussed how shelves will be well-stocked this holiday season," the official said, without providing extensive detail.

Biden, facing political pressure over rising U.S. prices, has been organizing an effort to clear transportation bottlenecks, ease semiconductor shortages and pass a spending bill that officials hope will ease long-term inflation.
Did aunt Carol chime in and say all we care about is selling stock?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
our hub is hurting. giving seasonals 52 cents per mile for using personal vehicle, $32 and hour plus all the overtime they can handle and still can not find enough people.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Union Joe announced that the ports would be running 24/7 about a month ago.They still haven't run any grave yard shifts in Long Beach or LA ports.