Big Brown will be watching you

rapidrandall

slow but sure
:sick:
Has anybody else seen this?

Looks like the boss will be watching a lot more.

Bottomline, real time monitoring of your e-brake, bulk head door, seat belt, speed, etc.......while I'm sure safety will be improved, I see some people losing their jobs from this.

http://www.patentdebate.com/PATAPP/20050203683
If they mount a camera off the front of a beanie they can watch everything I do in real time. Yesterday there was a counter hooked up to my backup lights counting how many times I backed. Instead of all this monitoring maybe they could ride with me and find out how I have gotten 32 consecutive years of safe driving without the big brother routine.

Jim Kemp

:sick:
If they mount a camera off the front of a beanie they can watch everything I do in real time. Yesterday there was a counter hooked up to my backup lights counting how many times I backed. Instead of all this monitoring maybe they could ride with me and find out how I have gotten 32 consecutive years of safe driving without the big brother routine.

I wish they would put a back up counter on my car. Being an automatic I would hit reverse every time I put it in gear or back in park. Then I would sit at traffic lights putting it in and out of reverse. I would have 500 by the end of the day.

I GOT ONE MORE

While I have no info on this camera speculation, it seems to me any camera install would of the 30 minute loop type. It would be highly doubtful to have real time video, it's too expensive and too much storage for 95,000 vehicles.

It's much more likely a camera that keeps recording the last 30 minutes or so would be utilized and would only be reviewed because of an accident. This makes better sense and would show the company what was happening in the cab moments before an accident.

Was the driver handling the DIAD, on the phone, inattentive, etc?

Time will tell if cameras are on the horizon......but for now, just do the job the way the company wants and these new sensors (when they go live) will be a non issue.

pretzel_man

While I have no info on this camera speculation, it seems to me any camera install would of the 30 minute loop type. It would be highly doubtful to have real time video, it's too expensive and too much storage for 95,000 vehicles.

It's much more likely a camera that keeps recording the last 30 minutes or so would be utilized and would only be reviewed because of an accident. This makes better sense and would show the company what was happening in the cab moments before an accident.

Was the driver handling the DIAD, on the phone, inattentive, etc?

Time will tell if cameras are on the horizon......but for now, just do the job the way the company wants and these new sensors (when they go live) will be a non issue.

There is NO camera installation in the works...

P-Man