Big Brown's trainer say he has 'best horse'

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Big Brown's trainer say he has 'best horse' - Courier Journal

Big Brown -- likely the morning-line as well as headline writers' favorite for the 134th Derby after entries are taken tomorrow -- was named for United Parcel Service.

With more than 20,000 local workers, UPS is the largest employer in Louisville, where the big brown colt arrived yesterday afternoon from Florida.

trickpony1

I'm surprised the company hasn't launched its legal team to sue the owner, the race track and the horse also for using the word "brown", and variations thereof, for trademark infringement.

How dare them!!!

rod

Retired 22 years
didn't we just go through this with some lawyer named Brown? (what can Brown do for you?)----UPS showed him no mercy

HazMatMan

Ok. I am in no way knocking UPS but this horse is undefeated. The last time an undefeated horse won the Derby was 93 years ago. Now, you can say well, we are do for an undefeated winner, ok, maybe after the 20th year, the 50th year or maybe even the 75th year it could have been said that we are due for an undefeated winner of the Derby but I don't think so. Ok so, throw him out completely. This horse does not win the Derby. If he does I will be the first to say "Oh well, we were due for an undefeated winner. Also it is believed that a filly will run in this race "Eight Belles" again fillies have no place in this race. So there you have it, I did not give you the winner (yet) but gave you 2 horses to "throw out" Remember, sometimes handicapping a horse race does not mean picking a "winner" but eliminating the "losers"

Last edited:

HazMatMan

Positions for Kentucky Derby 134

Jockey
Trainer
ML Odds

Cool Coal Man
Julian Leparoux
Nick Zito
20-1

Tale of Ekati
Eibar Coa
Barclay Tagg
15-1

Anak Nakal
Rafael Bejarano
Nick Zito
30-1

Court Vision
Garrett Gomez
Bill Mott
20-1

Eight Belles
Gabriel Saez
Larry Jones
20-1

Z Fortune
Robby Albarado
Steve Asmussen
15-1

Big Truck
Javier Castellano
Barclay Tagg
50-1

Visionaire
Jose Lezcano
Micahel Matz
20-1

Pyro
Shawn Bridgmohan
Steve Asmussen
6-1

Colonel John
Corey Nakatani
Eoin Harty
4-1

Z Humor
Rene Douglas
Bill Mott
30-1

Smooth Air
Manoel Cruz
Bennie Stutts, Jr.
20-1

Bob Black Jack
Richard Migliorie
James Kasparoff
20-1

Monba
Ramon Dominguez
Todd Pletcher
15-1

Adriano
Edgar Prado
Graham Motion
30-1

Denis of Cork
Calvin Borel
David Carol
20-1

Cowboy Cal
John Velazquez
Todd Pletcher
20-1

Recapturetheglory
E.T. Baird
Louie Roussel III
20-1

Gayego
Mike Smith
Paulo Lobo
15-1

Big Brown
Kent Desormeaux
Rick Dutrow
3-1

These are the post positions for the Derby on Saturday May 3rd. No horse has ever won from post 20, Big Brown has post 20.