Big DC going up in Salt Lake City,Ut.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Ain't no way it's bigger than CACH for $275 million. I think the new building in Atlanta is supposed to be $400 million.

CACH has like 1100 outbound doors and 200 unload doors. It's crazy big.

worldwide

No comparison.

New SLC Hub

When completed in late 2018, the new 840,000 square foot facility will process 69,000 packages per hour as a complement to the existing 200,000 square foot operations in town.
UPS Breaks Ground On New Salt Lake City Regional Operations Facility

CACH
  • 1.5 million square-foot footprint
  • 80 acres of paved area
  • 240 total acres
  • 148 inbound bay doors (unload)
  • 1,054 outbound bay doors (load)
  • 1.7 to 2.1million packages processed on a daily basis
  • Staging capability for over 3,500 trailers
  • Over 1,900 tractors pulling a total of 3,500 trailers are processed daily • 8 wash tunnels with drive-through trailer repair capacity
  • Ten percent of UPS' entire volume nationwide is handled at CACH

Worldport is the largest fully automated package handling facility in the world. The operation currently turns over approximately 130 aircraft daily, processing an average of 1.6 million packages a day with a record of nearly 5 million packages processed on Peak Day 2013.
  • Size of operation: 5,200,000 square feet (90 football fields)
  • Max sort capacity: 416,000 packages per hour
UPS Airlines

barnyard

KTM rider
CACH was a unique opportunity that will unlikely be duplicated. CACH was a former auto plant that had been closed. The Santa Fe helped put together the plan for UPS to build CACH. They may have also helped with financial incentives. Before the BN merger, UPS was Santa Fe's largest customer in $$$.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ain't no way it's bigger than CACH for $275 million. I think the new building in Atlanta is supposed to be $400 million.

CACH has like 1100 outbound doors and 200 unload doors. It's crazy big.
How many shifters does cach have... Must be crazy. Wonder if they are pt shifters??