BIG FREEZE!

Package_Donkey14

milk was a bad choice
Starring down All-Time Record Low Temps today and tomorrow in my area. Wind Chills reaching -50 with white out conditions. So there's your answer fella's.... UPS will NEVER call off the delivery day for the safety of their employees. Not even when Hell Freezes over!

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
A little chilly the next couple days. At least I have 8 hour requests today and tomorrow. Will also leave the package car running all day.

ibleedbrown

ups has shut down in my building for snow and floods but not for extreme cold. it was -33 w the wind chill last month and today will be -35 w wind chill and we are still open. ups is like the cobra chai NO MERCY!!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Last week we were told no idle at lunch for the full time- 15 on, 15 off.

I would love to see the diesels gel up!

rod

Retired 22 years
Good news states to the east of Minnesota.. It only got down to -23 here last night so there will be a heat wave headed your way eventually.

QKRSTKR

Yup. Looking at -15 actual temperature tonight without wind chill. Hope my diesel don't gel up. Or brakes freeze. Won't be a good night to not have the engine running.

WageSlave

Here in northern IL it's supposed to drop to -45 to -50 with the wind tonight and several of us (ramp employees) got messages from our supervisors saying "You NEED to be in tonight because of all the possible call-ins". Is it just me, or does the whole "beating you over the head with safety" thing get thrown out the window when it gets dangerously cold?

Here in northern IL it's supposed to drop to -45 to -50 with the wind tonight and several of us (ramp employees) got messages from our supervisors saying "You NEED to be in tonight because of all the possible call-ins". Is it just me, or does the whole "beating you over the head with safety" thing get thrown out the window when it gets dangerously cold?

Did you reply asking supes told that to the call ins?

BrownArmy

I've experienced -20 with the windchill, I'm having a hard time wrapping my mind around -50 with the windchill, good god!

Good luck...