Big Mistake

CoffeeStainedUniform

...The "Stock Price" has absolutely :censored2:-all to do with our wages...it has not, and never will be, directly correlated with profitability.

I know you think you're cute by being dismissive, but you're really just showing how misinformed you are on the subject...
Thanks for the lesson but I am not ill-informed. We are about to be in a long-hard recession. We will lose a lot of revenue and business over the next year.

I mentioned our stock prices as an indicator to what matters to our stock holders. We will be reducing costs everywhere. Every dollar of "hazard" pay would be taken from employees who would be laid off.

A recession is not the time to hold UPS over the coals. Our union has helped us achieve the highest pay and best benefits in our industry. That specific demand is short sighted and would have negative, unintended consequences.

Thanks for the lesson but I am not ill-informed. We are about to be in a long-hard recession. We will lose a lot of revenue and business over the next year.

I mentioned our stock prices as an indicator to what matters to our stock holders. We will be reducing costs everywhere. Every dollar of "hazard" pay would be taken from employees who would be laid off.

A recession is not the time to hold UPS over the coals. Our union has helped us achieve the highest pay and best benefits in our industry. That specific demand is short sighted and would have negative, unintended consequences.
I see UPS wanting to reopen contract negotiations and demanding either a wage freeze or a top rate roll back. In exchange for maintaining our health care benefits and pension contributions. Teamsters will allow it for the best interest of all Teamsters members. Just like the two tier wage for new delivery drivers. Also known as Art 22.4.

I see UPS wanting to reopen contract negotiations and demanding either a wage freeze or a top rate roll back. In exchange for maintaining our health care benefits and pension contributions. Teamsters will allow it for the best interest of all Teamsters members. Just like the two tier wage for new delivery drivers. Also known as Art 22.4.
It didn't happen in 2008-2009