Big Question

Basspro10

Hey guys/gals I'm new to this forum. About 3 weeks ago, I applied for FedEx express as a part-time courier. Around September 17th I received the phone call from the recruiter and I did the phone screen interview and went well. She then told me the manager where I applied at would call me within the week to set up a face-to-face interview. Got a call from the manager on the 23rd and had the interview on the 26th. The interview went really well, and the manager seems like a nice, down to earth guy. He called me back on the 29th to offer me the job. Came in the next day to sign paper work. Then had me go in to do the DOT physical/drug test on October 1st, and that all went well. Now, just waiting on the background check and this is where the question comes in to play. I have been convicted of a crime back when I was 17, I believe it was lowered to a misdemeanor. It was for destruction of property, which was me and my friends TPing another buddy's house and his parents were not happy of the mess, so they pressed charges against us. About 3 years ago, I had the conviction expunged, and my lawyer has told me MANY times I do NOT have to mention it on an application. So, I didn't mention it on my FedEx app. I just learned that FedEx does FBI background checks, so it will show up. Now I'm bummed because they'll say I lied on my application, but if I would've known they were doing an FBI background, then I would've been completely honest. So will I get the job? or No? Sorry for the really long thread, but I'm stressing. Thanks in advance.

fedex_rtd

Dude, it's tossing toilet paper on some trees and a roof. Just blow it off, and in the highly unlikely event that it is brought up, just tell him. Yeh I tossed a toilet paper roll onto a tree and the roof of a house. So what?

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
You actually got convicted for that?...Heck, then I probably should've received the electric chair for all the TP capers I was involved in as a teen delinquent.

I sure hope the statute of limitations are up.

hypo hanna

If a company won't hire you for TPing a house when you were a kid, you are better off without that job. It shows a lack of common sense on their part and would be indicitive of things to come.

CJinx

It wouldn't be so much that he wasn't hired because of some petty criminal mischief, but that it appeared that he was dishonest on his application. Integrity is kind of a thing around here... sometimes.

That being said; I think its amazing that a DA would move to prosecute over some TP in a tree. In my experience they would agree to drop charges in exchange for some community service.

Basspro10

Thanks for the replies guys. Yeah, every time I tell people about how I got in big trouble for TPing they just die laughing lol. But, I believe I will get the job. I'll make sure to keep you all posted!