Big Tax Cut for companies to go back to workers. How much will FDX pay u$?

fedx

Extra Large Package
The tax cut is here. I heard today that AT&T is going to pay $1,000 bonuses to 200,000 non-management employees! 5th 3rd Bankcorp gave everyone raises to $15/hr and gave $1,000 bonuses to 13,500 employees. Wells Fargo is giving an 11% pay raise. Comcast is giving $1,000 bonuses to 100,000 employees!

So everyone, how much of a BONUS will FedEx Express give us hard working employees? I'm betting on $0! How much of a RAISE will FDX give us? Again I'm betting on $0. They will keep every penny of what they're saving. Their coffers are already stuffed to the brim. They will need to get a bigger mattress to stuff all these billions of dollars they will be swimming in.

Anyone disagree? If you think I'm wrong, I'll tell you right now I sure hope I am, but I seriously doubt it. This isn't the FedEx of 30 or 40 years ago where they actually wanted happy employees.

Last edited:
baPIkfAo0Iv5K.gif

fedx

Extra Large Package
I could actually see one scenario. Besides the high up executives getting million dollar bonuses (so they can finally buy that yacht they've been eyeing) , I could see one other group getting a bonus or raise. I could see the topped out people (you know, the ones who need it the least) getting some kind of bonus or a 5% pay raise while everyone else gets nothing.

I could actually see one scenario. Besides the high up executives getting million dollar bonuses (so they can finally buy that yacht they've been eyeing) , I could see one other group getting a bonus or raise. I could see the topped out people (you know, the ones who need it the least) getting some kind of bonus or a 5% pay raise while everyone else gets nothing.
Freddy got s big belly to keep full.

bacha29

The tax cut is here. I heard today that AT&T is going to pay $1,000 bonuses to 200,000 non-management employees! 5th 3rd Bankcorp gave everyone raises to $15/hr and gave $1,000 bonuses to 13,500 employees. Wells Fargo is giving an 11% pay raise. Comcast is giving $1,000 bonuses to 100,000 employees!

So everyone, how much of a BONUS will FedEx Express give us hard working employees? I'm betting on $0! How much of a RAISE will FDX give us? Again I'm betting on $0. They will keep every penny of what they're saving. Their coffers are already stuffed to the brim. They will need to get a bigger mattress to stuff all these billions of dollars they will be swimming in.

Anyone disagree? If you think I'm wrong, I'll tell you right now I sure hope I am, but I seriously doubt it. This isn't the FedEx of 30 or 40 years ago where they actually wanted happy employees.
Stock buy backs . If there are any callable bonds out there they'll be called. Buy new aircraft, we saw that earlier this week. Preparing for the expected privatization of the ATC network. A one time special stock dividend. A whole host of things they could spend it on but to do something special for that poor slug who goes trudging out there every day taking boxes from point A to point B that's far far down the list.

fedx

Extra Large Package
FedEx Express could and should now change their "10 Step Pay Progression Plan" to a "5 step plan", but I guarantee you they won't. Even if they have an extra billion dollars cash floating around, they'll still keep their top out plan to take, at a minimum, 10 years as a best case scenario. The reality is it should only take 3 years to top out like FedEx Freight does. One thing you can bet, FedEx Express employees won't benefit at all from this tax cut like other companies' employees will. FDX is definitely a tight wad. An outsider might think FedEx would be among that list of paying bonuses or raises from that new tax cut, but in reality Express will be among the last companies to filter it down to their employees. Pretty shameful.

Purplepackage

I really do agree that Fedex should do something for the front line employees. But on the other hand one of the companies you listed is raising there employees to 15 dollars an hour (you are more than likely well above that already). Wells Fargo is giving a 11% raise most likely to its tellers and bankers, pretty sure tellers make 11-12 dollars and hour and bankers are around 14.

So basically it looks good from a pr standpoint but really all of those people are underpaid to begin with

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I really do agree that Fedex should do something for the front line employees. But on the other hand one of the companies you listed is raising there employees to 15 dollars an hour (you are more than likely well above that already). Wells Fargo is giving a 11% raise most likely to its tellers and bankers, pretty sure tellers make 11-12 dollars and hour and bankers are around 14.

So basically it looks good from a pr standpoint but really all of those people are underpaid to begin with

Underpaid relative to what/whom?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
FedEx Express could and should now change their "10 Step Pay Progression Plan" to a "5 step plan", but I guarantee you they won't. Even if they have an extra billion dollars cash floating around, they'll still keep their top out plan to take, at a minimum, 10 years as a best case scenario. The reality is it should only take 3 years to top out like FedEx Freight does. One thing you can bet, FedEx Express employees won't benefit at all from this tax cut like other companies' employees will. FDX is definitely a tight wad. An outsider might think FedEx would be among that list of paying bonuses or raises from that new tax cut, but in reality Express will be among the last companies to filter it down to their employees. Pretty shameful.
Hey, FedEx is already #99 out of 100 Best Places to Work. :rolleyes: You should feel privileged.

BootsOnTarmac

Maybe the Frontline payout and shift differential will come back.

Or maybe they will increase the company match for the 401k.

They might even change the Step progression with higher pay from bottom to top.

I hope for something from FedEx with the corporate tax benefit, but I expect nothing.