Big things not in your pants unless small, then up front

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Re: death of relative during vacation

Started this thread for drivers who have a problem with big things in their pants.

Last edited:

upsgrunt

Re: What's the best bluetooth headset?

I would hate to be attached to my cell phone to the point where I felt I had to wear a Bluetooth. Call me old, say I am out of the loop--I couldn't care less. Yes, I do bring my cell to work with me, but it sits in the drink holder and if I use it 5 times during the day that is a lot. A great day is when it sits there idle for the whole day.

I keep mine in the drink holder as well because it would just get knocked off my belt or fall out of my pocket. I can't wear a watch for the same reason. Handling boxes while wearing a watch just doesn't work for me.

over9five

Staff member

I keep mine in the drink holder as well because it would just get knocked off my belt or fall out of my pocket. I can't wear a watch for the same reason. Handling boxes while wearing a watch just doesn't work for me.

Both of those - Me too.
And add carry a wallet while parceling.

upsgrunt

Both of those - Me too.
And add carry a wallet while parceling.

Agreed!
Wallet in the pants while delivering equals a pain in the back at days end.
It took me a few years to figure that one out. My wallet goes into my lunch box when I put it in my cab in the morning.

A wallet in the back pocket is the number one cause for sciatic nerve damage in males. Combine that with bouncing in a P500 seat and you have a damaged nerve or depleted bursa that haunts you the rest of your life. I now carry my thin front pocket wallet with very few necessaries.

Cementups

Box Monkey

I have a Jabra JX10 that I barely ever use. It is an awesome headset though and very tiny.

As far as a wallet, Monday-Friday, it stays in my backpack. On the weekends it is my front pocket. Of course I don't carry a big honkin' wallet llike most of you probably do. I carry one just big enough to carry two credit cards and my driver's license. And cash is held seperate. Note: you should always carry stuff in your front pockets since it prevents pickpockets from getting your stuff.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member

A wallet in the back pocket is the number one cause for sciatic nerve damage in males. Combine that with bouncing in a P500 seat and you have a damaged nerve or depleted bursa that haunts you the rest of your life. I now carry my thin front pocket wallet with very few necessaries.

The first month of running feeders I started to loose the feeling in my little fingers on Tuesday or Wednesday. One of the old timers asked why I was massaging my little fingers at a turnaround point. I told him my fingers were numb and he quickly told me to quit sitting on my wallet. Within a day the feeling returned to my fingers and I never kept my wallet in my pants pocket again.

Later when I bumped into package the sup that was training me asked why I kept my wallet in my right shirt pocket and I told him my story. He quit sitting on his wallet and within a week his back problems went away too even as a sup sitting in the office. Back then there were no jump seats for the helpers or riders.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
How bout a "Man Bag"?
sup_davepurse.jpg

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"

The very first time I went to a chiropractor one of the first questions he asked was, "Do you take your wallet out of your back pocket while you are driving?". Now I can't hardly stand carrying it in my pocket.

The first month of running feeders I started to loose the feeling in my little fingers on Tuesday or Wednesday. One of the old timers asked why I was massaging my little fingers at a turnaround point. I told him my fingers were numb and he quickly told me to quit sitting on my wallet. Within a day the feeling returned to my fingers and I never kept my wallet in my pants pocket again.

Later when I bumped into package the sup that was training me asked why I kept my wallet in my right shirt pocket and I told him my story. He quit sitting on his wallet and within a week his back problems went away too even as a sup sitting in the office. Back then there were no jump seats for the helpers or riders.
I have never heard of it effecting the hands or fingers, but I sure believe it. That one little nerve seems to go EVERYWHERE. I have a hard time with folded handkerchief in my back pocket at times. I guess I should get a back pack to use, that would get me more room without stuff in my front pockets.

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
I always leave my wallet in my backpack when I drive. (Cant stand the rubbing on my butt--Other than my wifes hands!! :P )

I always remove my wallet when in my personal vehicle too...If my wallets not on my dash, then its lost....Cant stand to carry anything in my pockets

Grampy

Junior Mint
Hmm, I usually drive with my George Costanza wallet in my back pocket. I have the usual aches and pains. I'm going to try carrying the wallet in my backpack and see what the result is.

Good tip.