Bigger wage increase for PT's still under progression?

Scuderia

If I'm understanding this right, someone with less than one year seniority (90+ days) will go from making $9.50 to $10.70 on August 1st? $0.50 from the new progression and $0.70 from the GWI?

Not hating on rookies BTW, just trying to get my facts straight. I think it's about time that the starting wage was something decent. Thanks.

UPSraises.jpg
UPSraises.jpg

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
As I posted in another thread:

(*these figures do not include the $1 premium, which will be maintained)

Old Progression
* start: $8.50
* after 90 days: $9.50
* after 1 year: $10
* after 2 years: $10.50
* after 3 years: $11
* after 4 years: $11.87

New Progression:
* start: $10
* after 1 year: $10.50
* after 2 years: $11
* after 3 years: $12
* after 4 years: $12.50

What does this mean?
PTers who've been with the company less than three years will see adjustments to their wages (everybody else follows the general wage increase):

-- PTers who've been with the company less than one year will be bumped from $9.50 to $10.20 on August 1, then $10.50 on their first anniversary. They will follow the general wage increases, but be bumped from $11.90 to $12 on their third anniversary.

--PTers who've been with the company less than two years will be bumped to $10.70 on August 1, then $11.00 on their first anniversary. They will then follow the general wage increases.

-- PTers who've been with the company less than three years will be bumped to $11.20 on August 1, then $12.00 on their third anniversary. They will then follow the general wage increase.

So if you've been here between two & three years, you're the winner this contract.

-- Incumbent PTers with less than three years BENEFIT from the wage progression in seeing immediate wage increases.

-- New hires will follow the wage progression whereas incumbent PTers will receive the general wage increases. While the wage progression is stronger in the early years -- which BENEFITS incumbent employees, ultimately the general wage increases reign. Thus incumbent employees hired in today will be earning $13.40 by the end of the contract, whereas new hires in three months will receive only $12.50.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/tentative-agreement-349990/index9.html#ixzz2SlS0KZiK

RealPerson

Part-Time Wages
The International Union announced that part-time wages are going up by $1.50. But the real increase is only 50 cents.
That's because the $1 raise that you get after 90 days in the present contract has been eliminated. In the proposed contract, part-timers don't get their first increase until the one-year mark. Plus $1.50 and minus $1.
Is a 50¢ increase worth the hoopla

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
I disagree, an employee with less than a year will be bumped to $11.00 an August 1st.

I'm confused as to why you'd believe $11, but there's nothing to disagree with.

-- New employees are hired at $8.50 to start, increasing to $9.50 after 90-days.
-- Per the contract, on August 1, these employees will receive a 70c raise, therefore seeing their wage increase to $10.20.
-- The progression scale guarantees employees with less than one year $10. At $10.20, they're above this floor.
-- Per the contract, once these employees reach 1-year, they're guaranteed $10.50, therefore their pay will be adjusted.
-- On August 1, 2014, these employees will receive another 70c raise, seeing their wage increase to $11.20.
-- On their second anniversary, the contract guarantees them $11.00. They are above this floor.
-- On August 1, 2015, these employees will be bumped to $11.90.
-- On their third anniversary, the contract guarantees them $12.00. Their pay will be adjusted accordingly.
Further wage increases are above the progression scale, thus these employees will follow the general wage increase.

Scuderia

As I posted in another thread:

(*these figures do not include the $1 premium, which will be maintained)

Old Progression
* start: $8.50
* after 90 days: $9.50
* after 1 year: $10
* after 2 years: $10.50
* after 3 years: $11
* after 4 years: $11.87

New Progression:
* start: $10
* after 1 year: $10.50
* after 2 years: $11
* after 3 years: $12
* after 4 years: $12.50

What does this mean?
PTers who've been with the company less than three years will see adjustments to their wages (everybody else follows the general wage increase):

-- PTers who've been with the company less than one year will be bumped from $9.50 to $10.20 on August 1, then $10.50 on their first anniversary. They will follow the general wage increases, but be bumped from $11.90 to $12 on their third anniversary.

--PTers who've been with the company less than two years will be bumped to $10.70 on August 1, then $11.00 on their first anniversary. They will then follow the general wage increases.

-- PTers who've been with the company less than three years will be bumped to $11.20 on August 1, then $12.00 on their third anniversary. They will then follow the general wage increase.

So if you've been here between two & three years, you're the winner this contract.

-- Incumbent PTers with less than three years BENEFIT from the wage progression in seeing immediate wage increases.

-- New hires will follow the wage progression whereas incumbent PTers will receive the general wage increases. While the wage progression is stronger in the early years -- which BENEFITS incumbent employees, ultimately the general wage increases reign. Thus incumbent employees hired in today will be earning $13.40 by the end of the contract, whereas new hires in three months will receive only $12.50.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f39/tentative-agreement-349990/index9.html#ixzz2SlS0KZiK

Thanks.

UPS Preloader

LOL. I was thinking as a preloader... If you notice, I removed my post before you finished posting this. Your post is correct for those hired at the lower rate.