Biohazard Banishment

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
At the pcm today we were read a statement saying that chewing tobacco and sunflower seeds were not allowed "on ups property" and anyone even posessing them would be disciplined/terminated due to biohazard risk when they are expelled. No mention of peeing in the truck when you can't find a restroom though.

Raw

Raw Member
At the pcm today we were read a statement saying that chewing tobacco and sunflower seeds were not allowed "on ups property" and anyone even posessing them would be disciplined/terminated due to biohazard risk when they are expelled. No mention of peeing in the truck when you can't find a restroom though.
What about pumpkin seeds?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Bout time. Nothing like working in an area where there is spit and droppings all over the floor.

Either one makes for a nasty work environment for coworkers.

d

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm not normally a big fan of banning things, but I do find chew spit to be pretty revolting.

In my building, use of tobacco in any form is only allowed in the designated outdoor smoking area. I do see a few chewers breaking the rule, but they are pretty discreet about it and very careful about where they spit.

upssup

Nothing like working on a package car with chew, seeds or worse on the floor that you need to lay on. Unbelievable. Do these same people do this in their own cars, i really doubt it. But then again.......

robot

Has A Large Member
My old preload sup chewed tobacco. I was retrieving an envelope which fell underneath a package car and stuck my hand right in a puddle of his spit. I wanted to kill that guy.

I also can't stand people who smoke in their tractors! It's not yours so don't stink it up for other people you inconsiderate *************!

Last edited by a moderator:

Dustyroads

Nothing like working on a package car with chew, seeds or worse on the floor that you need to lay on. Unbelievable. Do these same people do this in their own cars, i really doubt it. But then again.......

Man, I have to agree with you 200% on this one. I've carefully explained to everyone who might have occassion to sit in the seat of my package car that they cannot spit ANYTHING on my dash, on my floor, on the steps...in fact, all of their holes are one way chutes, they can put whatever they want inside, but nothing comes out inside my package car. We tested it once, and the rule stands. It is soooo gross. Do the individuals who spit sunflower seeds all over the equipment I work in, really think that their bodily fluids are not leaving with the seed shell? When my rule was tested, I offered to go spit some stuff in the individual's personal car, and we got the message across clearly.

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
I couldn't agree with you more, The driver that's covers my rte when I go in vacation chews tobacco, When I come back from vacation there is spit marks on the floor, in the back and all over the drivers window of the pkg car, it is so nasty and I keep my Pkg car very clean. BTW They should also ban birds in buildings, every Monday morning there is bird **** on the drivers seat of my Pkg car, that’s going to be one dead bird, if I can catch him.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Saliva is a body fluid. So is blood.

In this age of body fluid transmitted diseases, why would the piglets at ups thing theirs does not count?

Its called consideration for the other people in the work area, from maintenance, automotive, package handlers, to drivers that have to follow after you, we dont want, and have the right to work in an area free of contamination.

And UPS is finally getting the picture and taking actions to stop the biohazzard issue.

I we still have package cars that the metal part of the door has dissolved over the years because of spit that did not make it out the door.

d

over9five

Staff member
You guys should refuse to work in cars with spit all over them. I would refuse to drive it or work on it, and call the HazMat responder to clean it up. Do this a few times and I GUARANTEE the problem child will be taken care of.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND

That is actually the best response. It is just as hazzardous as spilled blood. And if the mechanics would all push the issue, then it would be taken care of in short order.

d