Black Friday Hazmat Auditor Pay

draxmoon

Hey everyone, I'm new to BrownCafe so hopefully I'm posting this question in the right thread. I didn't know where else to turn to as NO one in my area is giving me a definite answer lol.

Quick background of my job here to better assist in answers: I am a part-time hourly Hazmat Auditor and have been working for UPS for 1.77 years now. My formal business title according to MyWorkDay is an Ops Admin Assistant I. I am not a part of the Union.

My question is: Do I/ Does my position get paid time and a half for working on Black Friday? Or Double time? Or just normal base pay? Or holiday pay + hours worked on Black Friday? Multiple people when I ask say normal pay, and/or that I get time and a half only IF I worked the day before Thanksgiving? (Which I did work tonight (Wednesday)) And others say that I get time and a half on Black Friday only IF I have worked here for a year (which I have). I began working in this position in February of 2021, and last year I don't think I received time and a half for working Black Friday. But now that I have been here for well over a year now, I'm just wondering what my compensation will be/ is supposed to look like. I am so very confused and would like more of a definite answer(s) please if anyone knows! :helpsmili:helpsmili

Thanks in advance!!!!!!!!! :thumbup: & Happy Thanksgiving! 🦃

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Hey everyone, I'm new to BrownCafe so hopefully I'm posting this question in the right thread. I didn't know where else to turn to as NO one in my area is giving me a definite answer lol.

Quick background of my job here to better assist in answers: I am a part-time hourly Hazmat Auditor and have been working for UPS for 1.77 years now. My formal business title according to MyWorkDay is an Ops Admin Assistant I. I am not a part of the Union.

My question is: Do I/ Does my position get paid time and a half for working on Black Friday? Or Double time? Or just normal base pay? Or holiday pay + hours worked on Black Friday? Multiple people when I ask say normal pay, and/or that I get time and a half only IF I worked the day before Thanksgiving? (Which I did work tonight (Wednesday)) And others say that I get time and a half on Black Friday only IF I have worked here for a year (which I have). I began working in this position in February of 2021, and last year I don't think I received time and a half for working Black Friday. But now that I have been here for well over a year now, I'm just wondering what my compensation will be/ is supposed to look like. I am so very confused and would like more of a definite answer(s) please if anyone knows! :helpsmili:helpsmili

Union only, go away

Nah

I think in most places hazmat auditors are union. They were in both buildings I worked out of.

No one here is gonna know that. I would assume you'd be paid the same way as a PT sup. Maybe @TearsInRain knows?