black friday.. its called money friday

PHILA LOCAL

For all union people who want to work the friday after thanksgiving, in our local its means its time to make $$$h..... Remember its a paid holiday, and if you work u get paid double time plus the holiday, we r paid 3o.o6 a hour so with the paid holiday and double time for all hours worked which will be (8) because when ever u punch in you are guaranteed to get paid for (8) hrs... So 3o.o6 x 8= 24o.o8 is what u get paid for not working its the paid holiday.... Than double time which is 6o.12 x 8= 48o.96. For a grand total of a whopping. 721.o4. Get it in. Management hates when u ask for eight hours and they try and talk u out of it... If u work black friday ask to work (8) hrs. Because the force u to work 9.5 or more a day when u tell them you wanna go to your sons baseball game do they say ok we will get u in early so u can make it????? NO!!!!! So go in and make EASY MONEY $$$$$$$

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We are also paid straight time and are only paid for hours worked--the 8 hour guarantee does not apply unless requested. It is still easy money but I am on vacation this week so will not be working that day.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
+1 it sucks I am taking off.I have enough seniority to do so.

The work here is by seniority, however it's offered top down, forced bottom up. I volunteered because it's one less day to work on the back end of life, but plenty of juice to decline if needed. Time off is overrated.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They couldn't pay me my 5 day week to work Black Friday. No such thing as ea$y money at UPS! I want my 4 day weekend.

I guess this all depends upon your perspective--I always volunteer to work Black Friday and New Year's Eve as it is easy money and I am done in plenty of time to enjoy the rest of the day.

some1else

Banned
You guys need better supplements. We get double which really motivates the conpany to find Art 40 employees to do the work. They dont let any of them take off because they get about 1/3 as much hourly on holidays