Black Friday pay ?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by DoctorMario, Nov 21, 2017.

1. DoctorMario

DoctorMario Member

Do we still get holiday pay for Friday? We have in years past, but im curious if anything has changed. Thx in advance

2. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

3. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

How would you not know if anything has changed? Were you hiding under a rock or did they sign a new contract when you were asleep?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  4. DoctorMario

DoctorMario Member

Dont gotta be a smart ass about it. I'v asked different people at work and everyone had a different answer hence why im asking here.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

How the F* do you NOT know what goes on if you have been here for any length of time?

Is that less smart ass for you?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  6. Benben

Benben Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

go to upsers.com and look at last years check!

7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Are you really a doctor?

8. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

You want him to check your prostate?

9. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Not yet. I have this rash back there that won't go away.

10. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

Enjoy it as this will be the last year for the BF holiday pay.

11. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

I’m ok with that, it will also the be the last year I come in to work BF.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. UpstateNYUPSer

Uh......no.

13. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Wanna bet? Unlike multiple people here, I have no problem taking myself out of service. Then again, I also have 3 option days left I could burn, to give you an idea of my attendance.

14. UpstateNYUPSer

I run out of days long before I run out of year.

My goal is to work from 1/2/18 thru 4/30/18 without taking any time off so that I can retire on my very first day of eligibility.

15. just chillin'

just chillin' Rest in peace wooba

I'm expecting some kinda trade off in out local language for BF. we are one of the very few locals that can't be forced to work on a holiday. probly another floating oph triple time day like they did for us with election day. we also have language in or supplement that states no oph requests have to be honored the week of thanksgiving through December so that's not an option for us.

16. JackStraw

JackStraw Active Member

Do you have some insight on the upcoming contract negotiations? The Teamsters (H) have said that no information will be shared with the membership.

17. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

This is the last year of the current contract. If you got paid for it before you will get paid for it again. The new contract may change this. Even if you don't care or pay attention to the union at least pay attention to the years the contract is applicable for. It can save you questions when something happens the year before and the contract hasn't changed, though with respect to Black Friday we're working it even though the contract hasn't changed. . .

18. CoolStoryBro

CoolStoryBro Active Member

Not necessarily. The reason we got Black friday holiday pay AND New Years Eve holiday pay is because we work through a lot of minor holiday's. If the teamster negotiators forget that then they may give it away.

19. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

everyone on this thread does but you. Oh yea and @Future

20. Nimnim

Nimnim The Nim

No we're likely going to lose Black Friday as a holiday, it's been worked the last 3 now 4 years, hopefully it either stays so we get the bonus pay for working the holiday or we get another day or an optional day to take off. I sadly don't have faith in the negotiators to achieve any of what I just said.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List