Black History Month at UPS

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Black History Month at UPS - UPS

What’s the story: UPS is putting words into action to support and empower Black communities with new strategic partnerships, more funding to grassroots organizations and increased volunteerism in underserved communities.

Why it matters: “I’m proud to work for a company that’s intentionally investing in underserved communities and unapologetically creating pathways for Black students and businesses to thrive,” said Doug Daley, advisor to the corporate chapter of UPS’s African American Business Resource Group (AABRG). “These intentional steps are focused on lifting equity and will drive economic success for Black communities.”bl

rod

Retired 22 years
There isn't much black history at my old center. Since 1971 when I was hired I can only recall 2 African Americans being employed there. I remember the first one worked about 3 days and quit when it got cold. When they finally got ahold of him all he said was " Damn-- you mean UPS works when it gets that cold"? I just noticed about a month ago that they had another one hired but I haven't seen him driving around lately. I think I see a pattern developing.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
There isn't much black history at my old center. Since 1971 when I was hired I can only recall 2 African Americans being employed there. I remember the first one worked about 3 days and quit when it got cold. When they finally got ahold of him all he said was " Damn-- you mean UPS works when it gets that cold"? I just noticed about a month ago that they had another one hired but I haven't seen him driving around lately. I think I see a pattern developing.
Somalis don’t like the cold

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
One black guy was hired at our center in the 30 years I was there. Many were tried to fill the quota demand, none could cut it. The one black guy that did make seniority was fired for stealing.

Equity is not equality.
However the wind blows, so UPS goes. Woke on.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U has stuck around for an extended amount of time.. maybe he need to start Mentoring his fellow African American kings and queens on what it takes to work here.

rod

Retired 22 years
Then why is the largest concentrated population of Somalis in Minneapolis - St. Paul?
You can thank the damn churches for that can of worms. I would bet 90% of them (a few do run the Mall of America and the airport) don't venture outside all winter and basically do nothing but wait for the 1st of the month for the checks to come. Meanwhile I'm sure their heat, lights, gas and groceries are all provided for them.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
We will never have racial harmony in this country as long as blacks support and push segregation.

Thomas Sowell said something like this. I am paraphrasing.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
We will never have racial harmony in this country as long as blacks support and push segregation.

Thomas Sowell said something like this. I am paraphrasing.
How about Whoopi… getting a slap on the wrist. If that was a white person who said that they would be out of a job…I know she is talented and I liked her on Star Trek but she is opinionated af

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
How about Whoopi… getting a slap on the wrist. If that was a white person who said that they would be out of a job…I know she is talented and I liked her on Star Trek but she is opinion af
we are gonna have 400 years of misery.

reparations are being prepared in California......