Blame Fred

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There has been a lot of talk lately about "lazy senior couriers who have it made", pay inequity, vacation inequity, and work inequity. Well, guess what? Everything that makes FedEx an unfair and crappy place to work can be blamed directly on Fred and his team of idiots in Memphis.

As others have said, your only reward(s) at this company come from being here a long time. It is not the fault of senior employees that you aren't topped-out or get to take your vacation in February. Nor is it their fault that they get preferred routes. All of that is dictated by policy which emanates from IQ Central in MEM.

Here's something for the bitchers and moaners to consider: You won't likely be at FedEx long enough to make it a career anyway, which is exactly what Fred & Friends want to happen. They'd like you to bust your hump for 4 to 5 years, and then leave. Most of you will have figured it out well before that, but if you're free-basing the Kool-Aid, it could take the full 5 years.

Stop blaming your fellow employees, point yourself toward Memphis, and flip old Freddie the bird, because all of this :censored2: is from him, on him, and in him.

Got it?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sounds like he is successfully dividing the workforce, making any kind of organizing effort even more difficult.

Yep. The RLA gives him the power, which he uses quite skillfully. Trouble is, a lot of FedEx employees seem blind to the manipulation and become willing and useful tools that undermine themselves. Really amazing.

bbsam

Staff member
Sounds like most senior employees wouldn't have been willing to rock the boat anyway. They got theirs...or at least didn't want to lose what they got or what was left of what they had.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Sounds like most senior employees wouldn't have been willing to rock the boat anyway. They got theirs...or at least didn't want to lose what they got or what was left of what they had.

Rocking the boat is difficult when there is a gun to your head. Even speaking of a union has always been very dangerous at Express.

bbsam

Staff member
Rocking the boat is difficult when there is a gun to your head. Even speaking of a union has always been very dangerous at Express.
I never said it wasn't. In fact, I always insisted bringing in a union would not be "bloodless" but would be the only way to gain leverage at Express.

FedExRookie

Exactly. MrFedEx is telling all the 15 and less guys to stop bitching and moaning, but he was telling them/me/us to unionize and make some noise. Sounds like someone was scared to do it and tried to get others to do it for him. Now that Corporate has won the union battle, MrFedEx is flipping all the younger employed guys the finger he is telling them to flip to corporate.

fedupped

Lets talk about what would happen if we were to unionize. Negotiations would start where we are now. Nothing would be "lost". A majority vote would decide to accept or deny any new contract offered. A strike of sorts is not automatic. A continuance of work at old pay and benefits is more likely while negotiations continue. At some point, as peak nears, there might be a need to grasp the attention of Mgmnt and take a few days off to express our unhappiness with working conditions. The old seniors have nothing to lose. We are staring at retirement and are basically day laborers at this point. Our traditional pension and "cash" pension are guaranteed. Bring it on. And rookie, do it for yourself. Have you signed a card? I have. Get to that magic percentage.."the NLRA standard of a majority of the valid ballots cast will be used in RLA representation elections." ..and you can start taking care of your self. Enjoy that .5 % 6 month bonus this week? As the stock hovers at 140 and directors cash in on stock options. Choice is yours. Sign the card, mail it in. Sign the card and negotiate your future. In 5 years half of the old timers will be gone and you will still be 2 bucks over a new hire. Who to bitch at then? Sign the card, mail it in. Its anonymous. That is unless your mgmnt spreading FUD.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Rocking the boat is difficult when there is gun to your head. Even speaking of union has always been very dangerous at Express.
Exactly. MrFedEx is telling all the 15 and less guys to stop bitching and moaning, but he was telling them/me/us to unionize and make some noise. Sounds like someone was scared to do it and tried to get others to do it for him. Now that Corporate has won the union battle, MrFedEx is flipping all the younger employed guys the finger he is telling them to flip to corporate.

You're clueless. When there was a chance for a union, I advocated for everyone to organize. Now that it isn't going to happen, I'm advocated for everyone to WAD. I stepped forward and was a leader of the 1996-1997 campaign, and paid dearly for it. Yes, everyone should flip Fred the bird, do as little as possible, and throw a wrench into the operation whenever possible. I do it every day...intelligently.

You are the perfect example of the conflicted and frustrated low to mid-range employee who does Fred's dirty work for him, by cooperating and being a good little biotch. Just keep bending over and touching those toes.

FedExRookie

You are the perfect example of the conflicted and frustrated low to mid-range employee who does Fred's dirty work for him, by cooperating and being a good little biotch. Just keep bending over and touching those toes.

Conflicted, frustrated.. No
I'm done with Fedex by the end of the year, starting the career in the field I'm getting my bachelor degree in. Looks to me like you're Fred's little old 'biotch', working at his command until your old broken down body can TRY TO ENJOY your retirement. You're the one bending over, touching your toes and getting rammed from behind. I wonder how many more times you'll be on your knees with a sore throat and stomach full of white substance until you can finally retire.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Conflicted, frustrated.. No
I'm done with Fedex by the end of the year, starting the career in the field I'm getting my bachelor degree in. Looks to me like you're Fred's little old 'biotch', working at his command until your old broken down body can TRY TO ENJOY your retirement. You're the one bending over, touching your toes and getting rammed from behind. I wonder how many more times you'll be on your knees with a sore throat and stomach full of white substance until you can finally retire.

No white substance here. The only reason I'm still at FedEx is that I'm probably too old to start over elsewhere. Plus, I still have insurance, even if it's poor quality. Good on you for leaving, so that means you have seen the light. I'm around 50, and making over $25 per hour in a premium market level. As much as I'd like to leave, who is going to hire me? If I were your age, I'd be out the door. You see, us "oldies" have really been screwed the worst of all because we had almost every "promise" in terms of wages and benefits yanked form beneath us. You still have a viable opportunity to escape, bend over and accept your goo in a new career as a Moby swallower.

I didn't know they offered a B.A in your field, but it sounds like you're the man for the job.

hypo hanna

Sounds like he is successfully dividing the workforce, making any kind of organizing effort even more difficult.
No white substance here. The only reason I'm still at FedEx is that I'm probably too old to start over elsewhere. Plus, I still have insurance, even if it's poor quality. Good on you for leaving, so that means you have seen the light. I'm around 50, and making over $25 per hour in a premium market level. As much as I'd like to leave, who is going to hire me? If I were your age, I'd be out the door. You see, us "oldies" have really been screwed the worst of all because we had almost every "promise" in terms of wages and benefits yanked form beneath us. You still have a viable opportunity to escape, bend over and accept your goo in a new career as a Moby swallower.

I didn't know they offered a B.A in your field, but it sounds like you're the man for the job.
if there is any one lesson i could impart for people entering the job market today.
DONT EVER accept any type of deferred compensation if you can negotiate that compensation for today.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
if there is any one lesson i could impart for people entering the job market today.
DONT EVER accept any type of deferred compensation if you can negotiate that compensation for today.

Yep. If we had a union, we would have lost nothing and gained substantially. Anyone considering working for FedEx should also consider their track record of delivering on their own "guarantees" to employees....their record is abysmal, and none of it has ever been justified by economic reality. Pure greed.

Our "deferred" compensation has been scheduled to take effect...never.