Blatant Entrapment

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Anybody else ever seen this before. Basically, the center manager ods'd a message saying he purposely placed 6 misloads in different trucks to see who will report it and try to catch people not scanning packages. I thought it was pretty ballsy on them to announce this practice. Any thoughts?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1455332291.048841.jpg

kingOFchester

Preload does a great job of salting my load. Just send in the missloads thru communication menu, take to office and Puff, they are gone. No missed, Orion miles aren't affected and we don't have to run them off. Isn't it just grand at UPSERVICE

I know, that didn't help you. Yes, salting loads is/was common practice.

Overpaid Union Thug

Anybody else ever seen this before. Basically, the center manager ods'd a message saying he purposely placed 6 misloads in different trucks to see who will report it and try to catch people not scanning packages. I thought it was pretty ballsy on them to announce this practice. Any thoughts? View attachment 69307
Hell I wish they'd do that here. I'm tired of being burned by lazy inconsiderate bastards that won't scan their misloads. Whoever is caught deserves to get fired for dishonesty.

trickpony1

Any thoughts?

Yeah......I'm wondering if this same center manager is falsifying scans on packages missed or left in center so they don't appear on a report?

8 Hour Day

Scan them as non-deliverable misloads about 15 minutes before you leave the route to return to the building & then sheet them as missed.

Do that for all misloads.

Service failures are the only thing that keep preload & mgmt accountable. Running misloads - especially if not reported - does nothing but encourage sloth in others.

Brown_Star

Methods Man
Scan them as non-deliverable misloads about 15 minutes before you leave the route to return to the building & then sheet them as missed.

Service failures are the only thing that keep preload & mgmt accountable. Running misloads - especially if not reported - does nothing but encourage sloth in others.

Just deliver it and enjoy the ot...

wad

km3

We've got similar stuff going on here, but I'm not a driver.

In eight months as a loader, I haven't seen as many bad trailer numbers or smalls bags filled with nothing but bad packages as I have in the past two weeks. Seems like they're trying to figure out who's doing their job and who isn't.

Just be glad you're not being framed. I've heard stories of people who have had misloads placed on their PCs by sups after they came in at night.

Overpaid Union Thug

Horrible advice. You are supposed to scan them as misloads as you find them so that the driver that is supposed to have them doesn't need to waste time looking for them. And so that your supervisors/OMS can arrange to have someone come get them or for you to deliver them. By waiting until later to avoid these things you are, in fact, being dishonest (not to mention an inconsiderate ass) and deserve to be walked off the property the next morning (preferable the day of your dishonesty). And hopefully you won't return to work until you've sweated and stressed through the grievance process, panels, and all that other good stuff that comes with getting fired for dishonesty. If you get to come back at all.

8 Hour Day

I only suggest doing that if the normal methods for having misloads addressed fail... when you have double digit misloads everyday for weeks only to be told to run them yourself, being considerate to other drivers kinda' takes a backseat to getting to see your family on a weekday.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Horrible advice. You are supposed to scan them as misloads as you find them so that the driver that is supposed to have them doesn't need to waste time looking for them. And so that your supervisors/OMS can arrange to have someone come get them or for you to deliver them. By waiting until later to avoid these things you are, in fact, being dishonest (not to mention an inconsiderate ass) and deserve to be walked off the property the next morning (preferable the day of your dishonesty). And hopefully you won't return to work until you've sweated and stressed through the grievance process, panels, and all that other good stuff that comes with getting fired for dishonesty. If you get to come back at all.
Listen , lol, this is obviously a hot topic for you, I can understand both sides honestly, how bout texting your loop partner not to look for said pkg, so he is not searching for it, then do what he is saying, it makes sense if you think about it ........

Overpaid Union Thug

I only suggest doing that if the normal methods for having misloads addressed fail... when you have double digit misloads everyday for weeks only to be told to run them yourself, being considerate to other drivers kinda' takes a backseat to getting to see your family on a weekday.
Its your job to scan all misloads. Whether it's an inconvenience to your social/family life or not. Let the other driver know (as soon as you find them) if you are so worried about having to deliver them.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
WSe are suppose to find them by three and send them in, so they can make service, which means you will most likely deliver it. But then use ec as a dispatch tool

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
You will get to see them all week, if you do not report them.

8 Hour Day

Its your job to scan all misloads. Whether it's an inconvenience to your social/family life or not. Let the other driver know (as soon as you find them) if you are so worried about having to deliver them.
LOL... maybe misloads work differently in your center. If it's something I can easily deliver, I scan it when I find it. If not... yeah, I'm not burning an extra hour every day to run misloads, because that's what it'd be.

rod

Retired 22 years
LOL... maybe misloads work differently in your center. If it's something I can easily deliver, I scan it when I find it. If not... yeah, I'm not burning an extra hour every day to run misloads, because that's what it'd be.

If they were purposely mis-loaded by management why hasn't someone told the customer about it so they can complain. I would raise holy hell if I knew some idiot management person had sent a driver on a wild goose chase with my stuff. I would start with a corporate complaint and get in touch with the local media.