BLOUNT object to the head.....of the people!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Roy Blount attempted to violate the rights of all citizens under the guise of protection of the first amendment today. His amendment was DEFEATED in the Senate as it should have been.

In what amounts to the lamest excuse to protect religion, the Blount amendment would have given the power to EMPLOYERS to make moral decisions on employees healthcare issues. What that means is that your boss may have a personal religious belief that contradicts yours, and he would have the power to deny you coverage on your health plan because you differ from his religious belief system.

http://blunt.senate.gov/public/_cac...-4b37-920a-cdb15edb24d4/S. 1813 Amendment.pdf

This should show AMERICA how out of touch the republicans are with women and womens rights.

The dog and pony show of the GOP has reached NEW LEVELS of stupidity.

Thank GOD the amendment was DEFEATED in the Senate.

Peace

TOS

804brown

Last week, the Blunt-Rubio Amendment, which would have allowed any employer to refuse to cover any medical goods or services he or she found “morally objectionable,” went down to a narrow defeat, but Republicans aren't giving up on the issue. They appear to be intent on using the power of government to force the vast majority of Americans who have no problem with birth control to pay for a small minority's personal beliefs through higher insurance premiums.

In fact, many states have long mandated that prescription drug plans cover contraceptives, and the issue of “religious liberty” was never even raised until it became a partisan talking-point. Mitt Romney didn't carve out an exception for employers that are affiliated with a church in Massachussetts, nor did Mike Huckabee when he was the governor of Arkansas.

Read the entire article at:How Republicans Are Trying to Force You to Pay for Others' Religious Beliefs | | AlterNet

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Brown,

SHHHHHH....you dont want to wake the GOP faithful on this board to the reality that they support a party that will pass laws that go against them. They havent understood that concept in the last 30 years, why wake them now?

Peace

TOS

klein

Für Meno :)
Happy International Women’s Day!
Celebrate and thank the remarkable women in your life today and show them you care with contraceptives!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
All you have to do is listen to the crikets on this thread to see the GOP faithful on this board dont want to touch this subject. They know that any comment that they make will only bring them embarrassment as they try to defend this ridiculous amendment.

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
Happy International Women’s Day!
Celebrate and thank the remarkable women in your life today and show them you care with contraceptives!
Don't bother with the 50 yr. olds....they're not doable!! (former quote of Klein's)

ibslick50

Re: BLOUNT object to the head.....of the people!
Last week, the Blunt-Rubio Amendment, which would have allowed any employer to refuse to cover any medical goods or services he or she found “morally objectionable,” went down to a narrow defeat, but Republicans aren't giving up on the issue. They appear to be intent on using the power of government to force the vast majority of Americans who have no problem with birth control to pay for a small minority's personal beliefs through higher insurance premiums.

In fact, many states have long mandated that prescription drug plans cover contraceptives, and the issue of “religious liberty” was never even raised until it became a partisan talking-point. Mitt Romney didn't carve out an exception for employers that are affiliated with a church in Massachussetts, nor did Mike Huckabee when he was the governor of Arkansas.

Read the entire article at:How Republicans Are Trying to Force You to Pay for Others' Religious Beliefs | | AlterNet

TOS, I couldnt agree with you more. I wouldnt want my drunk, domestic violence, restraining order holder center manager in charge of my health care.​

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Re: BLOUNT object to the head.....of the people!

TOS, I couldnt agree with you more. I wouldnt want my drunk, domestic violence, restraining order holder center manager in charge of my health care.​

Slick, thanks for the pat on the back. As you can tell from the silence from the GOP on this board, they TOO believe this bill was FUBAR!

Peace

TOS