Body Odor

Browwnnose

I was helping this guy yesterday load up an air shuttle since we were really backed up. I was in the truck while he handed me the packages from the line. Well they sent in another guy to help. I was gagging. I'm not talking about JUST body odor, but he smelled of urine and death. As we kept working, the smell just got worse. I've had some eye tearing haz-mats but this guy tops it all. I almost vomited.:sick:

It's unacceptable to smell like that.

UPS should provide deodorant or a locker room with showers.

evilleace

What would you want him to do shower mid shift? We have a few who smell that way and it is unacceptable but UPS should not buy them hygeine products they should know how to take care of themselves and do it on their own time.

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
[video=youtube;Xi2mq318yrI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xi2mq318yrI[/video]

I couldn't find an english version.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We had a kid that worked on a farm after preload. Problem was that he smelled like bad B.O. and crap the next morning. Well, after one especially ripe day while stuck in the feeder with him, I informed him that Walmart sells all the product he might need to make him bearable.

He got the message.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We had a kid that worked on a farm after preload. Problem was that he smelled like bad B.O. and crap the next morning. Well, after one especially ripe day while stuck in the feeder with him, I informed him that Walmart sells all the product he might need to make him bearable.

He got the message.

...and that is usually all that it takes--they may be unaware or may simply be used to the way that they smell.

Browwnnose

What would you want him to do shower mid shift? We have a few who smell that way and it is unacceptable but UPS should not buy them hygeine products they should know how to take care of themselves and do it on their own time.

I thought my sarcasm was implied. My apologies.

Browwnnose

Or, I should really say I thought put something in my post that indicated it.

Anyway, I talked to Mr. Smelly about it today. He promised to shower.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My experience has been that a person who showers and puts on a clean uniform every morning prior to work will not usually have offensive B.O. even by the end of a long hot sweaty day. Its the ones who skip the morning shower that start getting rank.

over9five

Staff member
My experience has been that a person who showers and puts on a clean uniform every morning prior to work will not usually have offensive B.O. even by the end of a long hot sweaty day. Its the ones who skip the morning shower that start getting rank.

So you know who takes a morning shower and who does not? Did you take a poll?

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
And for someone like me who showers once after a shift...

I dont really see the point of a shower before preload shift. One will be rolling around in dirt, grit, oil and god knows what, its like whipping before you pooh. I too have been sought out for smelling bad. Yea, when its 80 degrees plus 100% humditiy out your gonna sweat your buns off. Like today I was drenched from head to toe in sweat because of these conditions. Of course now I put on the old spice and polo.

I've smelt some really bad people too. One guy always smells bad, I'm sure they never tell him though. Perhaps because hes a minority and would claim racism.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So you know who takes a morning shower and who does not? Did you take a poll?

No, but the subject has been discussed from time to time. Unfortunately we have a couple of drivers who quite obviously do not shower as often as they should. I have even had customers mention to me that the driver who filled in for me when I was off was rather ripe.

I can see where a hub or preload employee would want to shower after their shift, but if you are going to spend 10 hrs a day dealing with the public you really ought to shower beforehand. JMHO.

P

pickup

No, but the subject has been discussed from time to time. Unfortunately we have a couple of drivers who quite obviously do not shower as often as they should. I have even had customers mention to me that the driver who filled in for me when I was off was rather ripe.

I can see where a hub or preload employee would want to shower after their shift, but if you are going to spend 10 hrs a day dealing with the public you really ought to shower beforehand. JMHO.

One can have the best of both worlds, a shower before and a shower after. The one before for those who are around you and one after for yourself.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I was very polite when I spoke with so-and-so. He was a single, young guy and afterwards he joked it might help with the ladies! He took it very well, and I wasn't mean about it. I am not sure everyone would be as gracious as he was.

ORLY!?!

Master Loader

No doubt, we only go for a little over 4 hours, theres really no need.

I would think showering in the morning would be easier, well for me at least. Knocking on the shower at 3am and waking up everyone in the house, yea, not doing that. I would enjoy a shower before a long hard days work as well. Something to look foreword to before one is handed their own backside. Especially nowadays, its like 100 degrees outside in Florida right now.