Body Odor

menotyou

bella amicizia
That is the main reason I have gone to the trouble of filing grievances to force the company to provide me with an adequate number of uniforms. I absolutely refuse to wear a uniform more than once without washing it; and there is no reason that I should have to be doing laundry 3 times a week in order to have a clean uniform each day. I have 6 complete sets of shorts and shirts, so all I have to do is throw my "browns" into the wash on Sunday and I am ready for the following week with a "spare" in case I didnt have time over the weekend. I only have 2 pair of pants and 2 long sleeve shirts, but I go years at a time without wearing them. I normally wear shorts all winter, even when its snowing or in the teens.

When I was an air driver, my center manager got pulled into the office by the DM, at my center, because of my 'shopping bill'. Apparently, the highest cost paid out for uniforms was for me. I guess it didn't help that I was chummy with the OMS at the time. She would let me shop til I dropped! I have 6 shorts, 6 short sleeved shirts, 6 long pants, 6 long shirts, 5 coat shirts(?), 2 vests, 1 winter coat, 1 rain coat and that's off the top of my head. I will not wear my uniform twice. And, working 12-15 hr days, at the time, I wasn't doing laundry during the week. I never did get a long rain coat.:surprised:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
What they need to do is have every driver at every building fill out a form listing the sizes that they wear.

Then they need to keep replacement uniforms in stock at that building in a closet or locked cabinet or whatever. So when a driver rips or wears out a uniform item, he/she can just turn it in and get a replacement immediately instead of turning in a form and waiting for some bean-counter to "approve" the expense.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
What they need to do is have every driver at every building fill out a form listing the sizes that they wear.

Then they need to keep replacement uniforms in stock at that building in a closet or locked cabinet or whatever. So when a driver rips or wears out a uniform item, he/she can just turn it in and get a replacement immediately instead of turning in a form and waiting for some bean-counter to "approve" the expense.

Had been wearing a bunch of old shirts with the "World Wide Olympic Sponsor" logo for years. After a dog bite last fall, had my oncar come out for a safety ride. He said I could no longer wear those shirts. When I said that was all I had, 5 new shirts showed up in the TP60 the next day.
Wish I could get some new shorts that fast! Have the hem duct taped and stapled on the two pair I have to wear now.

soberups

Had been wearing a bunch of old shirts with the "World Wide Olympic Sponsor" logo for years. After a dog bite last fall, had my oncar come out for a safety ride. He said I could no longer wear those shirts. When I said that was all I had, 5 new shirts showed up in the TP60 the next day.
Wish I could get some new shorts that fast! Have the hem duct taped and stapled on the two pair I have to wear now.

Step 1. Turn in a uniform request form and inform your management team that your shorts are no longer wearable and that in one week you will be throwing them away.

Step 2. In one week, throw them away and come to work wearing khaki or denim shorts or whatever you feel like wearing, and then clock in. Your management team will face a decision at that point; send you home and pay you for 8 hours, or let you work wearing whatever you showed up in.

Step 3. Repeat step 2 every day until your requested uniforms arrive. My guess is that step 2...if necessary.... will only happen once and that your uniform items will arrive the following morning via Next Day Air.

It is simply a question of motivation on the part of your management team. The prospect of having to pay you your guranteed 8 will usually help them to develop and maintain the necessary "sense of urgency" towards filling your uniform requests in a timely manner.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I just got new uniforms. 1st time in 2 or more years that I have ordered them. Got shorts, short sleeve and long sleeve shirts. Will have to order pants this fall. They went through 3- 1 1/2 hr washes and 2- 1 1/2 dries to try and break them in a bit. Nothing worse than new uniforms, to wear. Every single one of my old uniforms are going back to the office in boxes. I'm tired of the crappy look. Puke green is not my color. Reminds me of OD. The only thing that I really don't care for is the new length of the shorts. I don't like the 'gangsta' look.

You`d have to have a bean counter approve of having the uniform inventory so you`re back to square one.

soberups

You`d have to have a bean counter approve of having the uniform inventory so you`re back to square one.

What the bean counter fails to grasp is that if you only issue 2 or 3 uniforms to a driver he will simply wear them out faster and they will need to be replaced more frequently. Thinning out the uniform "ration" doesnt save any money in the long term.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
What the bean counter fails to grasp is that if you only issue 2 or 3 uniforms to a driver he will simply wear them out faster and they will need to be replaced more frequently. Thinning out the uniform "ration" doesnt save any money in the long term.

Same guy that buys the cheap toilet paper that you have to use half a roll per wipe and thinks he's saving money.

soberups

Same guy that buys the cheap toilet paper that you have to use half a roll per wipe and thinks he's saving money.

He is saving money...the wood fibers in the cheap stuff are so abrasive that you are better off using a pine cone. Those who have a choice will grit their teeth and wait until they get home instead of subjecting their sphincters to the abuse of the company-supplied TP.

over9five

Staff member
He is saving money...the wood fibers in the cheap stuff are so abrasive that you are better off using a pine cone. Those who have a choice will grit their teeth and wait until they get home instead of subjecting their sphincters to the abuse of the company-supplied TP.
That right there is funny I don't care who you are!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I just got new uniforms. 1st time in 2 or more years that I have ordered them. Got shorts, short sleeve and long sleeve shirts. Will have to order pants this fall. They went through 3- 1 1/2 hr washes and 2- 1 1/2 dries to try and break them in a bit. Nothing worse than new uniforms, to wear. Every single one of my old uniforms are going back to the office in boxes. I'm tired of the crappy look. Puke green is not my color. Reminds me of OD. The only thing that I really don't care for is the new length of the shorts. I don't like the 'gangsta' look.

Take them to a seamstress and have them hemmed.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Step 1. Turn in a uniform request form and inform your management team that your shorts are no longer wearable and that in one week you will be throwing them away.

Step 2. In one week, throw them away and come to work wearing khaki or denim shorts or whatever you feel like wearing, and then clock in. Your management team will face a decision at that point; send you home and pay you for 8 hours, or let you work wearing whatever you showed up in.

Step 3. Repeat step 2 every day until your requested uniforms arrive. My guess is that step 2...if necessary.... will only happen once and that your uniform items will arrive the following morning via Next Day Air.

It is simply a question of motivation on the part of your management team. The prospect of having to pay you your guranteed 8 will usually help them to develop and maintain the necessary "sense of urgency" towards filling your uniform requests in a timely manner.

Wouldn't work for me. Since I'm satellited, I could probably wear a thong and a Hawaiian shirt and my management team would not know.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Take them to a seamstress and have them hemmed.
They're actually not that bad. They are slightly longer than the old shorts but definitely not as long as the men's shorts. I've been told that we are not allowed to alter the length of the shorts. I was thinking about trying some iron on tape to hem them up one turn.

soberups

They're actually not that bad. They are slightly longer than the old shorts but definitely not as long as the men's shorts. I've been told that we are not allowed to alter the length of the shorts. I was thinking about trying some iron on tape to hem them up one turn.

Duct tape. Hemming pants for bachelors since 1966!!