Boeing votes no to union

rod

Retired 22 years
Delta gave their workers a 13% raise retroactive back to early 2016 and an average of $11,000 profit sharing bonus each for last years performance. The pilots get a 17% raise. Looks like airplane tickets are going up again.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
IMG_6850.GIF

jaker

trolling
I just wish the union would say you don't want us then you don't get us

It really sucks that you don't want to pay and still get the benefits when you need it

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I just wish the union would say you don't want us then you don't get us

It really sucks that you don't want to pay and still get the benefits when you need it
That's pretty much how it works for those guys. The workers at the SC plant are making 36% less than the workers at the unionized plant in Washington state. Not sure how their health benefits and pension compare but I assume those are less generous as well.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That's pretty much how it works for those guys. The workers at the SC plant are making 36% less than the workers at the unionized plant in Washington state. Not sure how their health benefits and pension compare but I assume those are less generous as well.
They must be happy?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
They must be happy?
Scared more like. The company absolutely bombarded them with anti union propaganda, they had videos, billboards, you name it. Also SC is about the most anti union state in the US so the whole establishment was against the union as well. Very tough for a union to succeed in that kind of environment.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Scared more like. The company absolutely bombarded them with anti union propaganda, they had videos, billboards, you name it. Also SC is about the most anti union state in the US so the whole establishment was against the union as well. Very tough for a union to succeed in that kind of environment
Yep... They are definitely in the top 3 of anti Union states... Along with Mississippi and Alabama....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Scared more like. The company absolutely bombarded them with anti union propaganda, they had videos, billboards, you name it. Also SC is about the most anti union state in the US so the whole establishment was against the union as well. Very tough for a union to succeed in that kind of environment.
I would like to know how the union tried to sell it.

ArcherUTR

At the risk of sounded like an :censored2:...I think it's bull:censored2: how unions are bad unless you are a first responder. Their unions may be weak in some areas of the country, but politicians are only quietly allowed to bad mouth them.

Teachers and pilots have it tough. Public sector workers kiss your ass goodbye.

Trade craftsman, at least you have a valued skill set in an aging out population.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I would like to know how the union tried to sell it.
The union doesn't have anywhere near the resources that big companies have, pretty much all they can do is hand out flyers, give some informational talks, stuff like that. Sure they can talk about wage increases, better health benefits and pension, etc. Meanwhile the company is literally telling the workers that if they unionize the company will close up shop and move to another state and they won't have a job period. Tough to compete with that, honestly it's hard to blame the workers for voting the way they did given the environment.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
At the risk of sounded like an :censored2:...I think it's bull:censored2: how unions are bad unless you are a first responder. Their unions may be weak in some areas of the country, but politicians are only quietly allowed to bad mouth them.

Teachers and pilots have it tough. Public sector workers kiss your ass goodbye.

Trade craftsman, at least you have a valued skill set in an aging out population.
Pilots have it tough?

My pilot buddies spend more days in any given month at home or on vacation than at work.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Pilots have it tough?

My pilot buddies spend more days in any given month at home or on vacation than at work.
You gave up being a pilot, banging and shacking up with hot flight attendants, getting lots of days off and eating all the honey roasted peanuts you want AND wear that cool captains hat with wings to be a fricken on road supervisor at this cheap ass outfit.... I've lost all respect for you man....sad day on the brown cafe