Bonus centers good or bad for drivers???

ColBoz

I'm the steward in a center greatly divided on whether to keep bonus or throw it out. 15 of 32 drivers bonus daily. But seems to be rural drivers who get the most?

Drivers for kicking it think getting rid of it will slow drivers (stop the bonus chasing) thus add more routes to the center?? (Opinions)

Bonus drivers state its just luck thus making it a game of his/she is getting it and I'm not. So I want to take away. Cause it ain't fair!!

Advise---opinions????

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have worked in both types of centers and while it is nice to get a little something extra in the paycheck, I liked being in the non bonus center better. I never saw a dispatch over 9.5 because they knew the driver would run at least a half hour late out of spite.

Don't listen to him. This is a new exciting topic we all hope to hear more about.
Screenshot_2015-04-06-19-23-31.png

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
If you have a fat time study allowance on your route, You are just one ride away from losing it. These folks are not dummies. They don't like paying you for something you didn't do. I had the same route for 9 years. I had it dialed in. We weren't bonus then, but I ran under most days. Not every day, but it would usually work out at the end of the week. Had a ride with IE guy. I went to running an hour+ over every day. Just like that, I was suddenly a slacker. Started catching grief in the AM meetings, called in the office, etc. And that, ladies and germs, is why I bid into feeders. Feeders is like a whole 'nother company. Best decision I ever made. Well, that and putting Dave on ignore.:laugh:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'm the steward in a center greatly divided on whether to keep bonus or throw it out. 15 of 32 drivers bonus daily. But seems to be rural drivers who get the most?

Drivers for kicking it think getting rid of it will slow drivers (stop the bonus chasing) thus add more routes to the center?? (Opinions)

Bonus drivers state its just luck thus making it a game of his/she is getting it and I'm not. So I want to take away. Cause it ain't fair!!

Advise---opinions????
Do you have orion yet? They'll do a virtual time study before orion goes in and at least in our center it was the rural routes that got hit the hardest, several lost more than an hour and went from being bonus routes to over allowed routes so there's that to consider. The drivers who are counting on more routes being put in if they get rid of bonus will probably be disappointed as UPS doesn't add routes just because people slow down, the number of routes a center is allowed is based on other factors like stops per car. I personally don't care, I worked in a bonus center and generally ran even on my last route, some days a little under some days a little over and I would have done same thing if they got rid of bonus.