Bonus Centers

UPWes

We are a bonus center where you can scratch on only 3 routes now since Orion and CIR. Looking for opinions about bonus centers from the few that still remain and also those who got rid of it. What changes if a center grieves it out and how important having a bonus center is to management.

Overpaid Union Thug

We are a bonus center where you can scratch on only 3 routes now since Orion and CIR. Looking for opinions about bonus centers from the few that still remain and also those who got rid of it. What changes if a center grieves it out and how important having a bonus center is to management.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to get rid of overtime?

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Fifteen years ago you could make almost two hours a day on bonus here. Now, you’re lucky to even run scratch. Use it as a tool, to show younger drivers that they can manipulate time studies any which way they want, but that it doesn’t matter. Follow the methods, take your lunch and you’ll make more and easier money. That’s what we do here.

Overpaid Union Thug

Who gives a crap whether or not you can scratch? And there really is no such thing as bonus. All it does is make certain people behave in a manner that, in the long run, only hurts them and their fellow drivers.

oldngray

nowhere special
Typical of bonus centers. They wait until bonus is in then start messing with the allowances. There will only be a few routes left with good allowances and those are mostly the management pets. The drivers can vote out bonus but will be left with screwed up allowances.

No worries. You get paid by the hour.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
3 delivery centers in my building, 2 of them voted bonus out a couple years ago. The only thing that changed is that drivers in those centers could no longer make bonus. Management didn't seem to care too much one way or the other.

Non sequitur

Typical of bonus centers. They wait until bonus is in then start messing with the allowances. There will only be a few routes left with good allowances and those are mostly the management pets. The drivers can vote out bonus but will be left with screwed up allowances.

No worries. You get paid by the hour.
The formula for bonus should be written in the contract period.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Fifteen years ago you could make almost two hours a day on bonus here. Now, you’re lucky to even run scratch. Use it as a tool, to show younger drivers that they can manipulate time studies any which way they want, but that it doesn’t matter. Follow the methods, take your lunch and you’ll make more and easier money. That’s what we do here.
I’m eating lunch right now :happy2:

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Who gives a crap whether or not you can scratch? And there really is no such thing as bonus. All it does is make certain people behave in a manner that, in the long run, only hurts them and their fellow drivers.
I don’t personally care about bonus, but if they wanna give it based on whatever it’s fine by me. Doesn’t effect how I deliver or otherwise. Not going to slow down or speed up based on how long they think it takes. But like I said, if you wanna give me some extra cash, I’ll take it.

42D09F6E-E6B2-4C10-B3DE-5DF93A94688C.jpeg
BDFF2A00-E3DF-4333-A9AF-38718540D1FE.jpeg

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I don’t personally care about bonus, but if they wanna give it based on whatever it’s fine by me. Doesn’t effect how I deliver or otherwise. Not going to slow down or speed up based on how long they think it takes. But like I said, if you wanna give me some extra cash, I’ll take it.

View attachment 303340View attachment 303342

Forget bonus and file 9.5 grievances on that excessive OT. You've given away hundreds on these two checks alone if you didn't file.

Overpaid Union Thug

View attachment 303340View attachment 303342
I hear ha but it sucks to have that mentality in a center that pays “bonus” at straight time. If you average two hours of bonus (like in your pic) per week you lose $1800 per year in OT. We have a few drivers in my center that average 5 hours (Usually one per day) or more per week. They lose around $4700 per year. Just sayin.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I hear ha but it sucks to have that mentality in a center that pays “bonus” at straight time. If you average two hours of bonus (like in your pic) per week you lose $1800 per year in OT. We have a few drivers in my center that average 5 hours (Usually one per day) or more per week. They lose around $4700 per year. Just sayin.
That extra hour at home might be worth it to them.