Bonus

Thatguy123

Got hired on full time package car a couple of weeks ago after temping for two years.. Was under the assumption I was supposed to be making bonus due to the fact that I'm in a bonus center. Talked to the payroll lady and she said I wouldn't make bonus until my three year progression because of the new contract. My thing is, a driver got full time a year ago and made bonus right after his 30 days and he's under the new contract. Can anyone clarify any of this for me? Should I be making bonus?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Got hired on full time package car a couple of weeks ago after temping for two years.. Was under the assumption I was supposed to be making bonus due to the fact that I'm in a bonus center. Talked to the payroll lady and she said I wouldn't make bonus until my three year progression because of the new contract. My thing is, a driver got full time a year ago and made bonus right after his 30 days and he's under the new contract. Can anyone clarify any of this for me? Should I be making bonus?
Don't be that guy !!!
Find your steward, talk to him or get the number for your Union Hall/BA. They will have your answers.

calcio56

I had to work something like 90 days before my code was switched to bonus.

Make sure you find out because it's a manual click the sups must do once you hit your number of days. And if your sups are like mine they can't be bothered to pick up a misroute much less remember you've qualified for bonus.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Once you make your 30 you are eligible for Bonus if you're in a bonus center. We had something similar in my center a couple weeks ago. Guy has only been driving for a couple months and has his own route. He started bonusing on it and he thought they put the bonus in his pay. I told him I didn't think that's how it worked, we looked at his pay stub, and sure enough there was no bonus. Guy ended up getting 10 or 11 hours of bonus back.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
1. You have no contractual right to bonus. Bonus is given or withheld solely at the discretion of management.

2. Bonus is nothing but a cash bribe paid to the driver for falsifying his timecard and indicating that he took a lunch when he did not.

3. The so-called "time studies" that UPS bases its "allowances" on were never intended to be fair or realistic in the first place. They were carefully designed to create a "standard" that can only be met by working off of the clock.

Overpaid Union Thug

1. You have no contractual right to bonus. Bonus is given or withheld solely at the discretion of management.

2. Bonus is nothing but a cash bribe paid to the driver for falsifying his timecard and indicating that he took a lunch when he did not.

3. The so-called "time studies" that UPS bases its "allowances" on were never intended to be fair or realistic in the first place. They were carefully designed to create a "standard" that can only be met by working off of the clock.

There are many in my center who think otherwise. Its so sad.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What's more, running to make bonus, or getting overtime by taking lunch and working normally? (Same route, same stops)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There is nothing in the contract about bonus so the payroll lady is wrong about that. Around here the company starts paying bonus as soon as you qualify.

calcio56

Bonus is cool when you get it. Sometimes I want to get done early and accomplish other things. I know if I take a few liberties, bust my butt and move; I'll still get paid for time I'm not working.

I used a semicolon and I'm not sure it was a proper use.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Bonus is straight time, and has nothing to do with how hard you work. It's based on a flawed concept of blessing one route while cursing the next.
You're also not eligible for pension contributions on bonus time, so you not only trade OT rate for straight rate, you also forfeit pension pay on all those hours. Kind of a double nut kick as a way of thanking you for effing yourself.

OPTION3

You're also not eligible for pension contributions on bonus time, so you not only trade OT rate for straight rate, you also forfeit pension pay on all those hours. Kind of a double nut kick as a way of thanking you for effing yourself.
If that's true.....it's CRAZY ......had a young driver looking at buying a new corvette.....did the math and showed him how skipping his lunch everyday for 2 years could have gotten him a brand new one PAID for.........he still skips his lunch......oh well