Bonus??

Dr.Brownz

The big hub in Indy has some bonus thing. I believe it was $250 paid out after being there for 2 months. And then another bonus if they stay through Jan. 17.
But I would rather skip the bonus and work for a smaller center. That hub is hell and has problems retaining people.

I think every UPS every where has problems with training! Never anyone available to do actual training, it's just go do it!

km3

I think every UPS every where has problems with training! Never anyone available to do actual training, it's just go do it!

We have dedicated trainers on Midnight (based out of the Finance office). PT sups do the training on Sunrise. Don't know about the other two shifts. When I was hired, I had 1 week of classroom training, then one week with a trainer watching my every move. After that, monthly followups on methods.

They do a good job here, but once the trainer is gone, methods are quickly forgotten in favor of whatever gets the job done the quickest. This leads me to believe the problem isn't the training itself, but the expectations. :/

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
We have dedicated trainers on Midnight (based out of the Finance office). PT sups do the training on Sunrise. Don't know about the other two shifts. When I was hired, I had 1 week of classroom training, then one week with a trainer watching my every move. After that, monthly followups on methods.

They do a good job here, but once the trainer is gone, methods are quickly forgotten in favor of whatever gets the job done the quickest. This leads me to believe the problem isn't the training itself, but the expectations. :/

I had about 5 minutes of classroom training then right on a pick.

Dr.Brownz

Then again our center has been in chaos for about 4 solid years now with so many management and building changes with wild volume fluctuation on top of that.

davidix

New guys get a bonus and seniority part timers don't get anything. Good way to have people calling out left and right. Don't be surprised.

I had a supervisor demonstrate for about five minutes, that was my training.