Boo hoo hoo

check6ii

So I read online in the business section that FredEx(tortion) announced how the profit margins have shrunk and the market is shifting to cheaper methods of shipping and bla bla bla.......And I thought, well shoot-since we are classified as a railroad-shouldnt we ship stuff by rail? thatd be a helluva lot cheaper than flying freight or sending it thru ground. Rail cars are waaaaaay cheaper than the tractor trailers and a/c we use. It was also mentioned buyouts, and grounding a/c. Good thing ol Fastbuck Freddy levereged the 777f in Congress to circumvent RLA-

I swear.......

check6ii

Ok-

So Freddy boy writes himself a 13.7mil BONE(us) a couple of weeks ago. And that was most likely to line the political pockets he agreed to line some months ago. Or his Alimony came due for the 3 ex-wives hes collected. Im going out on a limb and say probably both-

Feel free to add to MY discussion, since it is MY topic-

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
...it would be nice if you had anything of substance to add to the discussion...

Actually, he did. FedEx is covered under The Railway Labor Act of 1934, which makes no sense because there was no such thing as an "express carrier" back then, unless you count REA. The only reason we are under the RLA is so that we have to unionize on a national basis. It's all or nothing, and with red right-to-work states, FedEx will NEVER have a union. Fred S knows this, and that's why he twisted arms on the Boeing deal by threatening to cancel his order for 777's if our RLA status got changed. The RLA is Fred S's special deal he has worked-out with DC politicians whom he owns. The comments by the OP are completely relevant.

The big effing baby got his way.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Actually, he did. FedEx is covered under The Railway Labor Act of 1934, which makes no sense because there was no such thing as an "express carrier" back then, unless you count REA. The only reason we are under the RLA is so that we have to unionize on a national basis. It's all or nothing, and with red right-to-work states, FedEx will NEVER have a union. Fred S knows this, and that's why he twisted arms on the Boeing deal by threatening to cancel his order for 777's if our RLA status got changed. The RLA is Fred S's special deal he has worked-out with DC politicians whom he owns. The comments by the OP are completely relevant.

The big effing baby got his way.

No....you added substance to the discussion....I don't know what the hell the OP was babbling about...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Ok-

So Freddy boy writes himself a 13.7mil BONE(us) a couple of weeks ago. And that was most likely to line the political pockets he agreed to line some months ago. Or his Alimony came due for the 3 ex-wives hes collected. Im going out on a limb and say probably both-

Feel free to add to MY discussion, since it is MY topic-

OK, Fred is a bastard. But he's a "job creator" bastard. WhooHooo!!

check6ii

No....you added substance to the discussion....I don't know what the hell the OP was babbling about...

Wow-you entertain me, and I applaud you for that. And you are ignorant as to the inner workings in regards to fed ex express. Funny thing is , is that you dont have a life and therefore hang out and pounce on fedex discussions. I dont see the relevance of that.....and guess your ups co-workers dont gravitate to what you have to say. So whatever bub-its all good. We understand your type-

DS

Fenderbender
Upstate,what the hell is your problem?
This is a Fedex thread,they did not ask for your opinion.
Why do you feel entitled to wander about the cafe inciting riots?

bbsam

Staff member

Upstate and I are part of the 47% who feel our opinions are valid in any thread consisting of opinions. Fact and logic are optional.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

He's always welcome here. I wish more UPSer's would participate. We all understood what the OP was saying, just like you all understand when someone throws out terms like PCM, Telematics, and other UPS-specific terms. It shouldn't be Brown vs. Purple. We have a common enemy, and they are called management.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Thank you.
Dave is a very good source of input, sounding wall and expert on UPS specific issues but, I really don't like his initial response to this thread.