Boots only?

21Savage

Got a new Safety sup at our building and she's been cracking down hard on uniforms. Sending people home for improper footwear and then today sent this message saying we are only allowed to wear boots lol. Think I'll wear my Crocs on Monday to get a day off.

Attachments

• 20210408_105640.jpg
    20210408_105640.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 99

rod

Retired 22 years
Got a new Safety sup at our building and she's been cracking down hard on uniforms. Sending people home for improper footwear and then today sent this message saying we are only allowed to wear boots lol. Think I'll wear my Crocs on Monday to get a day off.
I could be wrong but I imagine boots are highly recommended but are not actually required. Ask her to show you where it says they are in the UPS policy book.

Sturdy leather shoes with non-slip soles is what we need to wear.

GenericUsername

Pretty sure in that new appearance guideline that was posted here the other day it says clean or polishable with slip resistant footwear. Nowhere does it say it has to be boots nor leather.

Edit:
Edit 2 Electric Boogaloo: Employees should wear footwear appropriate for their work environment. Professionalism, comfort and safety should be taken into consideration. Regardless of the work environment, shoes must be sturdy, slip resistant, clean or polished and in good condition. For safety reasons, open toe shoes should not be worn in operational warehouses and flip flops are not an acceptable form of footwear for any UPS work location.

You can show up wearing the brightest, most flamboyant shoes you want to as long as it meets these guidelines. It doesn't state they need to be black.. You could always claim safety so people can see you better. :)