Boots recommended for Preload?

KevinWhipaloo

I ordered boots online, but they did not fit right. My first day of work is tomorrow at 3:30 a.m. and I do not have time to find new boots before going to bed early. Would these boots suffice for the first day of work/training?

Are there any boots that any of you could recommend for a preloader?
297726_42551_41

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
boots only for the gestapo

seriously , for work like this you should have footwear that has been broken in. your feet will suffer in new boots.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Honestly the looked fine until I scrolled down to the bottom half.
Still fine, a little bit on the heavy side.
I have no clue if JJ bean is an OK brand to buy from.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
boots only for the gestapo

seriously , for work like this you should have footwear that has been broken in. your feet will suffer in new boots.
Seconding this because I made the mistake of using new boots for qualifying, it hurt just to press the gas pedal on the arch, 1 week of sitting in a desk at integrad was not enough, it took almost a month 1/2 to break them in completely. Low heel shoes take a lot less longer to break in.

DOK

I ordered boots online, but they did not fit right. My first day of work is tomorrow at 3:30 a.m. and I do not have time to find new boots before going to bed early. Would these boots suffice for the first day of work/training?

Are there any boots that any of you could recommend for a preloader?
297726_42551_41

get keens, your back and feet will thank you.

KevinWhipaloo

yeah they are fine ..they won’t be comfortable though...plus those boots probably cost more than what you will make in a month.

I am planning to be working for UPS for at least a year, should I not be buying worthwhile shoes?

Would the Sketchers/Lugz/Coleman/typical budget work boot last a year for a preloader?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Seconding this because I made the mistake of using new boots for qualifying, it hurt just to press the gas pedal on the arch, 1 week of sitting in a desk at integrad was not enough, it took almost a month 1/2 to break them in completely. Low heel shoes take a lot less longer to break in.
Timberland boots are the best I bought and most comfortable right out of the box. I buy the same Timberland shoe/boot every 12-18 months from Amazon. very happy with them. For some reason they don't seem to need much of a break in period. About $80 for the pair I buy. I do do a lot of walking .