Boots

dezguy

Can anyone recommend at good pair of insulated waterproof boots that can be worn at Express that won't break the bank
If you don't mind paying extra, I have had great experiences with red wing boots. They're pricey but I won't wear anything else.

zerocool5468

150 cad is like 115 usd. Guess they figure you guys need $20 worth of extra protection up there :)

And yea of course the managers won't mention it.

SmithBarney

I'm part time, no one ever mentioned a shoe allowance for couriers at my Hub

They have to be steel or composite toe, also this allowance is usually only extended to people at locations who work on caster decks(the wheelie decks for the cans to roll on) but some Stations somehow work around this rule, and others don't, so good luck.

McFeely

Huge Member
Regardless of whether or not you're eligible for the footwear allowance from the company, money spent on decent footwear can make your day that much more bearable.

If you buy crappy shoes/boots, your feet will be unhappy and you'll be replacing poor quality boots quicker too. A few years ago I spent good money on some North Face winter boots and haven't had a single day here in Colorado where my feet got wet or cold. Money well spent IMO.

BootsOnTarmac

If your station has roller decking for ULD's you are required to wear safety toe footwear. Some stations will provide steel caps that strap on. In the past I have helped out at the local station and the couriers, etc., who help out unloading the ULD's are required to wear the caps or have safety toe. That station also provided the 95 dollar allowance per year for footwear. I don't know about the footwear requirement for couriers, but if your station has roller decks, you have a good case for the allowance.

!Retired!

FedEx employees also get a discount if you go to a Red Wing retail store. That, along with the shoe allowance, you can get a pretty nice pair. The ONLY issue I have with mine is their a little heavier than I would like.

FedEx employees also get a discount if you go to a Red Wing retail store. That, along with the shoe allowance, you can get a pretty nice pair. The ONLY issue I have with mine is their a little heavier than I would like.
Do they have to be black ?

Future

Victory Ride
image.jpeg
These work very well ....very light also