Boots

Collinsdad

Hey guys. Sorry for what might be a dumb question, but do you have suggestions for work boots? I start PT Monday and don't know what the hell to buy. Do I need steel toe? I know I should have asked HR.
Thanks!

BiggieBrown

I've been working here almost 2 years and have still not bought boots.
I wear regular tennis shoes to work.
I figure it's just a liability thing.
They don't care what you wear but they will give you guidelines so that in the case of you smash your toe they will say you were instructed to wear boots and fire you or something instead of having to pay your bills.

You could show up in flip flops and I bet some centers would let you work. Not joking.

At my old winter we used to work shirtless in the summer.
Always made me laugh because it reminded me of those old movies with the slave galleys and all the shirtless dudes rowing. Shirtless UPS slaves.

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
I wear composite-toe Danner boots when the weather is bad. Every other day I’m in my sneakers. PT just be sure you are comfortable.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
@Wally knows all about boots. And socks.
20181013_213858.png

watdaflock?

Hey guys. Sorry for what might be a dumb question, but do you have suggestions for work boots? I start PT Monday and don't know what the hell to buy. Do I need steel toe? I know I should have asked HR.
Thanks!
Wait until after your first few days, see what the other preloaders are wearing. Some hubs are much more strict, as for what meets the "sturdy upper leather that can be polished" standard.
imo- Walking/running shoes or lightweight hiking boots are the best options.