Borrowed from another hub

Sporhwhore

I am an air driver at a relatively small hub up north. We are always short staffed have been for years so when we are out of RPCD drivers and cover drivers they always use us ( there’s 3 of us) as third string quarterbacks per say this has been going on for 10 years ... that all ended a few weeks ago and now they brought in other part time non air drivers from a neighboring facility. My question is do I have a legitimate grievance for them using drivers that don’t even work in my hub and if not then wtf lol! I’m standing to lose tens of thousands of dollars this year if they are allowed to do that

Sporhwhore

Basically we are being told air drivers are no longer allowed to deliver ground anymore and instead they use PART TIME non air drivers from the neighboring hub 20 miles away 🤔

Sporhwhore

Yeah one would think building seniority would prevail over a non assigned employee but ya never know with this place....

Roller252

I think it will depend on the classification of the driver on loan to your center. You said they are using part time drivers (on loan) to cover work in your hub so I would assume they are not RPCD but most likely a 22.4 driver. If that is the case and they are being used to delivery ground work then I think you'd be out of luck. If they are being brought in to do air only and you are being left in the bldg. or without work then yes I think you could have a case for sure.

In our center part time air guys haven't seen the road since we started 22.4's last year.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
FT always trunks PT, so if you’re FT and they are bringing in PT employees to cover any FT position without offering it to you then you can file for that work.

542thruNthru

FT always trunks PT, so if you’re FT and they are bringing in PT employees to cover any FT position without offering it to you then you can file for that work.
Article 40 trumps everything actually and I believe it says air driver's can not deliver ground.

Without knowing what classification this PT driver is I don't think we can give a accurate answer. Something tells me he's a PT cover driver of sorts.

Article 40 trumps everything actually and I believe it says air driver's can not deliver ground.

Without knowing what classification this PT driver is I don't think we can give a accurate answer. Something tells me he's a PT cover driver of sorts.
Actually it says if an air driver delivers ground he receives top ground driver rate. So when did the Teamsters allow PT ground drivers?

Sporhwhore

The drivers they use are not full time 22.4 they are temporary cover drivers which will eventually lead to 22.4 they are from the bottom of the part time list most have less than a year of part time seniority but yet I’m approaching 20 years..... if the company is allowed to pay $20 ish per hour to an employee of a different hub to get outta paying me $38+ then we are in a world of 💩

Sporhwhore

BTW I am a part time air driver and I know for a fact they are part time relief drivers that just got their 30 days in (bottom of the barrel in their hub)

11.19igrad

The drivers they use are not full time 22.4 they are temporary cover drivers which will eventually lead to 22.4 they are from the bottom of the part time list most have less than a year of part time seniority but yet I’m approaching 20 years..... if the company is allowed to pay $20 ish per hour to an employee of a different hub to get outta paying me $38+ then we are in a world of 💩
im just curious... why in 20 years did you not become a rpcd?

Integrity

Binge Poster
I am an air driver at a relatively small hub up north. We are always short staffed have been for years so when we are out of RPCD drivers and cover drivers they always use us ( there’s 3 of us) as third string quarterbacks per say this has been going on for 10 years ... that all ended a few weeks ago and now they brought in other part time non air drivers from a neighboring facility. My question is do I have a legitimate grievance for them using drivers that don’t even work in my hub and if not then wtf lol! I’m standing to lose tens of thousands of dollars this year if they are allowed to do that
My experience has shown that there is often times a back story to why something that has been going for so many years changes.

When a change like this happens in my area I always want to know what instigated the change before I take action.

I don’t ever want to find myself fighting an issue that may have legitimately originated on the Union side unbeknownst to me.

Sporhwhore

Moral of the story is if the company is allowed to bring in drivers from other buildings when they have people in their own building that have been doing the job we are in deep .... where does it end will they be having other centers covering late pick ups and give everybody 40 hours? The obvious answer is our building needs To hire more drivers but I think we are on a hiring freeze right now and what they are doing is complete bull crap

Integrity

Binge Poster
Moral of the story is if the company is allowed to bring in drivers from other buildings when they have people in their own building that have been doing the job we are in deep .... where does it end will they be having other centers covering late pick ups and give everybody 40 hours? The obvious answer is our building needs To hire more drivers but I think we are on a hiring freeze right now and what they are doing is complete bull crap
Do you know why the change was made?

Sporhwhore

No was just told that air drivers are no longer allowed to deliver ground.... problem bein we have almost everybody on 9.5 list so it’s not like they can cut routes and load everybody up because that’s triple time then

Integrity

Binge Poster
No was just told that air drivers are no longer allowed to deliver ground.... problem bein we have almost everybody on 9.5 list so it’s not like they can cut routes and load everybody up because that’s triple time then
Did you get this information from management or from your Steward?