Boxline Breakdowns and Accidents

Integrity

Binge Poster
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

The topic of this discussion is boxline breakdowns and accidents.

Anyone have any experiences with the boxlines falling apart, breaking or any accidents associated with them that they would like to share?

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Do you have any experiences with the boxlines falling apart, breaking or any accidents associated with them that you would like to share?
Brownslave688,

It is a routine occurence in my area for the boxline to:

Jump the track.

Break a shear pin.

Have the chain fall off.

Have packages get jammed

Sincerely,
I

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

Anyone have any experiences with the boxlines falling apart, breaking or any accidents associated with them that they would like to share?

Sincerely,
I

We don't have boxlines but our belt broke at the staples once. They fixed it that day while all the drivers were out. The rollers on the other hand are dented and oval in shape and I can certainly see someone getting hurt by them one of these days.

T

Turdferguson

Sincerely,
I
The box lines sqeek from time to time, and one of the wheels on the box lines flops around
Sincerely
Turdferguson

Sent using BrownCafe App

What'dyabringmetoday???

Brownslave688,

It is a routine occurence in my area for the boxline to:

Jump the track.

Break a shear pin.

Have the chain fall off.

Have packages get jammed

Sincerely,
I
I- the purpose of this post is to ask the following questions:

Does the box line end up back on the track?

Does the shear pin get replaced?

Does the chain get put back on?

Does the jam get "broken"?

Sincerely,
W