Break immediately after your last p1 stop?

optikz

We were told that we are now required to take a 1 hour break after we deliver our last p1 stop. So if you get your last p1 off at 1015, you have to begin your break after. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this ridiculous new rule.....

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
We were told that we are now required to take a 1 hour break after we deliver our last p1 stop. So if you get your last p1 off at 1015, you have to begin your break after. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this ridiculous new rule.....
Or what?......Yeah. How about no? Not your fault you don't have enough to do to keep you busy til 10:30. They've tried that many times here. Only the rookies are dumb enough to go along with that.

optikz

Or what?......Yeah. How about no? Not your fault you don't have enough to do to keep you busy til 10:30. They've tried that many times here. Only the rookies are dumb enough to go along with that.
They said it doesn't matter when we finish our last p1, it can be at 1040, you would have to go on break after. Said it was mandatory and write ups will be given, not olcc's.

Star B

White Lightening
Maybe they were having too many people not take a break after 6h on-duty? They could be in a weird state that requires a break between certain hours?

All I know is that you have to have one 30 in 8 per the fed... unless you're starting at 2:45AM, you're nowhere near that by 1030.

Rhoderunner

Ask them to show you the policy that allows them to dictate a mandatory break window. Not in the first or last hour of a shift IS the only policy I'm aware of. Anybody know of anything else ......??

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Ask them to show you the policy that allows them to dictate a mandatory break window. Not in the first or last hour of a shift IS the only policy I'm aware of. Anybody know of anything else ......??
Nope, but if I don't forget, I'm going to look it up when I get back to the station. It's got my curiosity piqued.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
https://www.workplacefairness.org/breaks_statelaws

I did a little searching and found out that not all states require businesses to give you breaks, nor does OSHA. Obviously, if one is DOT certified, they follow those rules. The list of meal rules for each state is in the link above.

As usual, Fedex's policies are vague. This is from the Policy and Procedures Manual (P&P)
image.jpg

And this is from the DGO People Best Practices
image.jpg

!Retired!

I believe the reason they want you to take a break if you finish before 10:30 is so you don't do stand alones or sit around ding nothing until 10:30. If you finish at 10:40, that I can't answer. As far as I know, there is no policy saying WHEN (except 1st and last hour) you have to take a break.