break question.

browntroll

just heard a pick off guy tell me his sup was telling him to go on break but he didnt see the sup send a replacement,
so he kept working. would he have been better off going on break and letting everything go? or staying put till
a replacement pick off person was sent? .he stayed but then was given a talking to by sup about leaving on break when
he tells him to but he was worried about getting written up for missorts/crossovers and his partner who normally
walks the belts was in the restroom.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
just heard a pick off guy tell me his sup was telling him to go on break but he didnt see the sup send a replacement,
so he kept working. would he have been better off going on break and letting everything go? or staying put till
a replacement pick off person was sent? .he stayed but then was given a talking to by sup about leaving on break when
he tells him to but he was worried about getting written up for missorts/crossovers and his partner who normally
walks the belts was in the restroom.

Always work as directed - it's the supervisor's problem. If he gets written up, file, file, file.

browntroll

Always work as directed - it's the supervisor's problem. If he gets written up, file, file, file.
he told me he had already gotten a warning for too many missorts/crossovers about 2 weeks ago and didnt want to give
them an excuse to actually write him up for it. is that even possible? i told him next time just leave or tell the full time
sup whats going on. also sup told him, he(sup) is only given a few hours for him(pter) a day and made him go over by staying.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
he told me he had already gotten a warning for too many missorts/crossovers about 2 weeks ago and didnt want to give
them an excuse to actually write him up for it. is that even possible? i told him next time just leave or tell the full time
sup whats going on. also sup told him, he(sup) is only given a few hours for him(pter) a day and made him go over by staying.

The employee needs to work as directed. If the supervisor advises him to go on break, the employee should seek clarification; e.g. 'I'm the only person up here as X is currently in the little girl's room - do you want me to go anyway?' and if the answer's affirmative, he needs to work as directed. If he's worried, have him write down the time* he was sent on break along with an notation that his partner wasn't present in the pick. If discipline is issued for missorts/crossovers during the time period he was away, have him file.

*ALWAYS do this on break or after work -- NEVER on company time.