Brokerage fee

jaker

trolling
Do you stand there and wait while they make the call or do you give them the phone number and come back the next business day?
I tell them to take a picture of the diad screen and tell them to call and I will be back tomorrow

Most of the time they pay it over the phone and I can Dr it the next day

Tick Toc

I had my first one this week (also my first week on the road). It was a NDA and they weren't ready. The second day I returned and they were able to (slowly) produce a check. It was made out to "UPS Freight" and now I'm sweating it - I had specifically asked for it to just say "UPS" . . .but I took it anyways as I had more reds to deliver and I was already late at this point.

upschuck

I had my first one this week (also my first week on the road). It was a NDA and they weren't ready. The second day I returned and they were able to (slowly) produce a check. It was made out to "UPS Freight" and now I'm sweating it - I had specifically asked for it to just say "UPS" . . .but I took it anyways as I had more reds to deliver and I was already late at this point.
Specifically, it should be made out to "UPS Brokerage".

Tick Toc

I'm sure there will be a discussion with me about it. Best off maybe accounting can push it through? Or I can get a new check (we're there every day). Hopefully nothing I can be disqualified for.... :-/

upschuck

I'm sure there will be a discussion with me about it. Best off maybe accounting can push it through? Or I can get a new check (we're there every day). Hopefully nothing I can be disqualified for.... :-/
Doubt you'll hear anything about it. Not too big of a deal. If anything, they will just tell you how it is suppose to be made out.

FilingBluesFL

If you were a Dedicated UPS employee like Dude is, you would have filled out a personal check of your own, and came back to collect when it's convenient for the customer. Next time, try harder, and TTKU.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
image.jpeg
Do you stand there and wait while they make the call or do you give them the phone number and come back the next business day?[/QUOTE

Seriously!!!

upschuck

I have heard if you type Cleared in the remarks column you can deliver the package without collecting the brokerage fees.
I would not advise doing this.

We only not collect them, when a code is entered for a reason. That code is given by the oms. How or where they get them, I haven't a clue, but I would not just go rogue, and type cleared in the remarks column.