Broncos

gman042

Been around the block a few times
[h=6]Hmmmmm. How bout those Broncos. Seems Tebow was the shot they needed. He is not pretty when he wins but he always seems to put up a "W" .[/h]

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Now it looks like Kyle Orton could wind up back with Chicago, which would be an interesting turn of events.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've always liked Orton, clearly he didn't play well this year but I've seen him play some good games over the years, he can zing that ball. He's only 29 so I don't believe he's done and I'm sure he'd love the chance to play against Denver in a couple weeks.

bbsam

Staff member
Why is it sad? This happens all the time, especially in baseball.
Because it is that kind of football that rarely plays out well. Consider the Eagles. They spent stupid money on their team and have been an absolute joke. Jones spent crazy money on his stadium and though I have heard it is impressivr, I don't se that team going far. Now you have Jones willing to spend money not to make his team better but to attempt to thwart Chicago? What does that say about the confidence he has in his team? I'd say it's pretty low. But then again, I would take Orton over Romo too.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Because it is that kind of football that rarely plays out well. Consider the Eagles. They spent stupid money on their team and have been an absolute joke. Jones spent crazy money on his stadium and though I have heard it is impressivr, I don't se that team going far. Now you have Jones willing to spend money not to make his team better but to attempt to thwart Chicago? What does that say about the confidence he has in his team? I'd say it's pretty low. But then again, I would take Orton over Romo too.

Jones had no intention of playing Orton--he just didn't want the Bears to have him. Cowboy Stadium is a year-round facility which has already been the venue for a world championship prize fight, NCAA college football and basketball games and other events.

I think Romo is going to have a career day today.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I doubt that they were gonna take Orton "just" to keep the bears from getting him. There have been quite a few starting QBs get hurt this season (including Romo) and it sure would have been nice to have Orton as a backup.
Barring that they might have just offered to trade him to the Bears for a late round pick, basically getting something for nothing. If you would take Orton over Romo it's clear why you're not a GM :wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
I doubt that they were gonna take Orton "just" to keep the bears from getting him. There have been quite a few starting QBs get hurt this season (including Romo) and it sure would have been nice to have Orton as a backup.
Barring that they might have just offered to trade him to the Bears for a late round pick, basically getting something for nothing. If you would take Orton over Romo it's clear why you're not a GM :wink2:
Sadly, there are many reasons I'm not a GM, but we've had Orton and simply put, he won games and more importantly didn't lose them for the team. Can't say that about Romo.
There is a formula that works with the Bears and vital to it is disciplined QB play.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I am just repeating what I heard on Pardon the Interruption.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Sadly, there are many reasons I'm not a GM, but we've had Orton and simply put, he won games and more importantly didn't lose them for the team. Can't say that about Romo.
There is a formula that works with the Bears and vital to it is disciplined QB play.
Romo has won quite a few more games than Orton has. As far as disciplined QB play goes, just look at the numbers. Romo's career completion percentage is 64% compared to 58% for Orton. His career QBR is 96 compared to 79 for Kyle. He's thrown almost twice as many TD's as INT's (137-69) whereas Orton is treading dangerously close to one for one (79-55). Given the choice between the two any team in the league (including the Bears) would take Romo over Orton and that's the right choice. I like Kyle and I do think he's a good QB, but Romo is better and honestly it's really not even close.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Maybe it just timetable seems like Romo falls down at just the wrong time all the time.
It's easy to make some look better or worse with a selected highlight reel, but the numbers don't lie bro. Romo ain't the one who lost his starting job to Tim Tebow...

bbsam

Staff member
It's easy to make some look better or worse with a selected highlight reel, but the numbers don't lie bro. Romo ain't the one who lost his starting job to Tim Tebow...
LOL. I don't believe for a moment that John Elway thinks Tim Tebow is a better NFL QB than Kyle Orton, do you? So, yeah, numbers do lie.