Birdblue

I was wondering if brothers could work in the same hub on the same shift and I was also wondering if let's say if the hiring manager does get a workers brother on and puts them on the same shift knowing that they are related and other management found out would they fire them?

barnyard

KTM rider
We have a mom and her 2 sons working the preload. Another mom and her son also work the preload. A driver and his son in law also work together in my building.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

When I first started family members were not allowed to apply if someone from the family was already working here. Those rules (fraternization) have been relaxed but I still don't think two family members can work on the same shift in the same hub.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was wondering if brothers could work in the same hub on the same shift and I was also wondering if let's say if the hiring manager does get a workers brother on and puts them on the same shift knowing that they are related and other management found out would they fire them?

We talkin soul brothas or blood brothas

GenericUsername

The only time family working together poses a problem is if one of them supervises the other. This is basically any company except for family own private businesses.

Dhydratd

Long, long time ago it was not allowed. But, we had 2 brothers who were hired in centers in 2 different towns. When our center expanded and took routes from the other center, the one brother followed his route and joined his brother here. It was scandalous at the time!!

Box Ox

I was wondering if brothers could work in the same hub on the same shift

Yeah, but I wouldn’t. Might get into brotherly fist fights on the belt over dumb stuff. Like the hub rat you’re both banging. And the brother who didn’t start the fight could get fired and walked out. And then.....awkward Thanksgivings and Christmases forever.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Yeah, but I wouldn’t. Might get into brotherly fist fights on the belt over dumb stuff. Like the hub rat you’re both banging. And the brother who didn’t start the fight could get fired and walked out. And then.....awkward Thanksgivings and Christmases forever.
Hub rat LOL!

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have families of feeder drivers in our building. I think there are two families of 4. One is 3 brothers and a dad (I forget the other). And several other family configurations in our building.

This used to not be the case years ago but when you can't people off the street to take the job, then you start hiring families.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
When I first started family members were not allowed to apply if someone from the family was already working here. Those rules (fraternization) have been relaxed but I still don't think two family members can work on the same shift in the same hub.

Fraternization is when a superior and subordinate are romantically involved. Nepotism is when a superior and subordinate are related. Generally, if you are on the same level, there is no conflict of interest. Though there can be problems if you can't keep any personal issues out of the workplace.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I used to work with two brothers on the sort aisle...every day they would have a huge fight about staying for hours or leaving, it was amusing.

I've seen other family members work together in different parts of the building. Biggest issues was riding together since one person could finish an hour before another.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I was wondering if brothers could work in the same hub ...
upload_2017-12-19_7-41-55.jpeg