Brown Cafe Bon Voyage Weekend!

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
The only food problems that I will have is the shrimp and green beans and beer will cause my Gout to flare up. So I will be visiting the doc and getting some little pills to fix the problem..........

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sounds like a good idea. I vote late sat afternoon or early evening. Trp and his wife will not be in until sat afternoon.

Also, location. I'm not much into big set down meals ( I know, the main dinner room on the ship..lol) but if that is what everyone else would like to do, I'll do and like it.

klein

Für Meno :)
I take that back. The first time I looked at it it didn't load all the addresses. Cool. I like this idea.
Np, I took a menu with me as a souvenier, and also to show canuks how cheap you can wine and dine in Fl.
Here are just a few examples: 12 oz Ribeye Steak, served with veggie of the day and choice of baked spud, frenchfries or rice $12.99
12 oz NY Strip : $13.95, same sides. Really delicious !

Seafood Combo (Shrimp, Scollops, Calms and Fish fingers) $12.99 (with coleslaw, hush puppies, and choice of potatoe).
Seafood Sampler $11.95

They also have monthly specials that change every month :
But are daily specials, like prime rib for $10.99, or Twin lobster Tails for $17.95.
Plus daily lunchspecials from 11am-4pm $4.95 buys either Potroast, or Pittsburger, or Meatball sub, or Pasta Carbonara, or Turkey dinner (specials probably change monthly as well).
Dad's meatloaf or fish and chips (Th and Friday) : also $4.95

Drinks : $5.00 pitchers of miller beer, $2.00 Forster pints.
I think I heard you'll be there on a Saturday ? 5 bud for $10.00

other drinks are always on special too. I had a few $1.00 magaritas, they were good ! They usually have a special drink on sale daily for $1.00 (like wiskey sour, cape cod, Tequilla Sunrise, or Bay Breeze).

I'm sure stud has been there. I recommend it very much, esspecially for larger groups....

Ps, I do have the menu here, if anyone cares to know how much thier favorite meal costs.. (off the menu on thier website), I can look it up.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
This actually happens to be one of my favorite restaurants. I have one on my route and eat there frequently. I think this is a great idea, as the place is very laid back and inexpensive. Good recommendation Klein! All in favor say aye.

klein

Für Meno :)
This actually happens to be one of my favorite restaurants. I have one on my route and eat there frequently. I think this is a great idea, as the place is very laid back and inexpensive. Good recommendation Klein! All in favor say aye.

Well thank-you ! I ate there often too. I miss it. If I was back in FL tomorrow, it would be my first stop. Awesome food, great steaks !
Anyways, for those that have never been to Florida... remember to bring a sweater, or a light jacket into restaurants. They are sooo over-chilled from the ac.

deepsouthmamaw

I had originally planned on going. About the time I was going to buy the ticket my 21 year old son got into a horrible motor cycle accident. He made it through but is badly banged up no head trauma. Curshed his right leg in 3 places. It has been a slow recovery. The guys at my center say if I wouldn't have bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all. I just thank god every day. The devil gives me hard knocks but god softens the blow. So I will be on vacation that week will think about you guys often. Have a no several drinks for me. dsm

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
deepsouthmamaw, Our daughter is 23, I can't imagine how stressful it would be if she went through something so traumatic. I'm sorry you are facing such a difficult situation. Hopefully we will get to do this again next year so you can come along with us in 2011.

As far as a pre cruise dinner on Saturday definitely count us in. We're in for whatever everyone else wants to do. Millers Ale House looks like a great choice. Do we need to call ahead and reserve a table?