brown cafe iPhone users can't get full site

P

pickup

Bubblehead, Do you remember when you first saw this error?

I'm trying to backtrack and figure out what is causing it. Since I don't have an iphone and cannot reproduce the problem on the iphone emulators I have to rely on user reports.

Since the problem has resolved for some users, but not others I'm trying to figure out where the glitch is. The user that suggested the ipad fix reported that it fixed the issue for her but of course her errors may have been coming from a different source than whatever you are seeing.

You know, the last few days, (not today, probably not yesterday, but over the weekend, definitely), I have been experiencing odd quirks with browncafe. I put a post up and it disappears. Or I post and see that it takes and I come back and see that three people's posts suddenly appeared before mine when they weren't there before (and I refreshed at some point and they weren't there, 3 hours later they were.)

My safari was crashing quite a bit too to the point of not even responding anymore. I migrated to firefox for a while and the next day I was able to use Safari. I don't recall Safari crashing the last few days. So maybe everything is fixed.

This took place on a macbook (about 4 years old).

P

pickup

I now remember what post I had that was up there for all to see. I came back later and it was gone.

It was in the After brown forum , Ernest Borgnine dead at 95 .

I wrote that I like Ernie as Marty, as Dirty Lyle in Convoy , and as the A-hole in Willard(rat movie). That disappeared. It was up there, I am 95% sure of that.

I also would like to add , since it is fresh on my mind that I found Ernie totally ridiculous and yet compelling to watch as the sole support team of some renegade copter pilot for some show in the 80s or 90s. It was like knight rider, except it was with a helicopter .

Glad I got that off my chest.

Anyway, back to my missing post. I wasn't sure if it disappeared because of a glitch or because I used the term "a-hole"(spelled exactly like that). I mused to myself "if deleted by a mod, they could have just edited the term instead of wiping out the whole thing or maybe something funny happened with it , like so many other weird things I experienced on browncafe that weekend.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Thanks for the additional info.

I have reverted a couple of recent code and style tweaks and cleared all the server and cdn caches. My fingers are crossed that this will shake out whatever I did that safari is still choking on.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Just an aside, you guys using IOS devices should do a hard restart every week or so. Hold both the home and power buttons until the apple appears on the screen. Especially if you are having problems with apps using the GPS chip.

I use a bookmark. Now it's working again I don't use the app for my iPhone because I don't like the mobile version. I'm a dinosaur who just doesn't like change.

Scratch that it keeps kicking me off again. Cheryl
It's time to do what everyone else has already done and get an iPhone. Then it will be easier to figure out.

robot

Has A Large Member
Yeah i havent' been able to read the forums past few days. i'm at my pc at the moment. my iphone browser would freeze up whenever i tried to load up browncafe. Lock up HARD!

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Could someone that is having this issue please post or pm or email me the exact url that they have bookmarked? Maybe I can track it that way.

I'm trying to troubleshoot these issues and there is not a clear path to follow. Seems like it could be something in a cached or outdated css, but there are no errors that indicate that in the server logs.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
I have had problems accessing brown cafe on my Ipad the last two days, page freezes after a minute, then takes two or three minutes to unfreeze.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
The most recently installed third party addons have also been disabled. Please let me know if these issues continue.

Mine is freezing up again and when it isn't frozen when I post it logs me out every time. I'm on the mobile app right now and I don't like it. You can't like or rep anything. Please fix I promise I'll be good for a little while.