Brown life with facial hair

Mr.Golden

I'm wondering if there are any full time or cover drivers that has facial hair elsewhere besides Ga and how management try to deal with the situation. As for me, yes I have facial hair. Had it for quite some time now maybe a year or so.

Your thoughts on this???

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Are you talking about the facial hair allowed under the appearance standards or facial hair which has to be approved by mgt and supported by a doctor's note?

I wear a mustache and tend to push the limits on how far it extends below the corners of the lower lip.

Mr.Golden

I'm talking about facial hair that is supported from a doctors note. A few of us have the note but others try to blend in with goatees, very lighten beard, etc etc.
For mgt they try to enforce a rule/policy saying that facial hair has to be "1/4 of an inch". Which is a big "LOL" to us drivers cause how can u tell if it is that long or not?

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Therein lies the problem----mgt give us an inch (or, in this case, 1/4") and we take advantage.

Mgt needs to determine who has "shaving waivers" and direct those without that they must comply with company appearance standards or be sent home without pay.

Z

ZQXC

stache.jpg

Z

ZQXC

I shave so closely that a DI could not find fault, even if I was standing on the grinder with the early morning sun directly in my face.

Mr.Golden

Therein lies the problem----mgt give us an inch (or, in this case, 1/4") and we take advantage.

Mgt needs to determine who has "shaving waivers" and direct those without that they must comply with company appearance standards or be sent home without pay.

With the daily commotion in the mornings usually mgt doesn't care or maybe their main priority is making sure no pkgs are left behind. The length of my facial hair is long enough to donate to a charity lol

Last edited:

BigPapaB

Wow, y'all can have facial hair? We are only allowed mustaches and that ain't happening with me. Not being able to have a beard or goatee is my biggest beef about driving for UPS.

Last edited: