Brown strikes again

Todd TCE

Figured I'd share this nugget of customer service with you.

Shipped NEXT DAY to Texas on Thursday.
Customer calls today; no package.
Checked tracking; EXCEPTION! (really??)
Reason:THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED AT THE ORIGIN HUB / FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY (maybe you can make sense of that but we could not)
My assistant calls to get the scoop.
After going round about where/why/how UPS finally confesses; they just left it at the facility here!
Ok..mistakes happen, so what will you do about it?
Can send it for next week delivery. No mention of a refund or adj still.
Won't work. Too late now. Customer has race this weekend and needed TODAY.
Here's where it get's funny: they want to charge me to return the package to me from the local facility!

I'm not feelin' it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It's too bad you didn't post this earlier today as I would have suggested you call the center and tell them you want the pkg upgraded to Next Day Air Saturday service at no charge to you. As far as paying for it to be returned to you that is your call but I would not let them charge me for their mistake.

klein

Für Meno :)
The race was Friday !!! Does him no good on a Sat.
Well, you got to do what you got to do. Just don't trust next day delivery with UPS anymore.

And, if I was you, certainly fight any fees, of getting it returned, and being sent.
I would be p...sd myself.

Yes, and as quoted : "needed it TODAY"
Do you know where the race is, what time it starts, if he has to leave tonight or first thing in the morning ?
He needed it TODAY !!!!
Get your stories straight, was the race today or not? That's all I want to know.

The race was Friday !!! Does him no good on a Sat.
Well, you got to do what you got to do. Just don't trust next day delivery with UPS anymore.

And, if I was you, certainly fight any fees, of getting it returned, and being sent.
I would be p...sd myself.
So who do you recomend he trust for next day service? DHL? that won't work. FedEx? If I remember right, a fairly recent study showed that our % of "on time" deliveries was better than FedEx. USPS??? give me huge break.
So what is YOUR recommendation.

klein

When I was in Florida, I ordered my aunt, autoparts directly from the GM parts warehouse, since we couldn't get them anywhere, esle we looked locally.
Nevertheless the work week goes by, and by Friday evening, I tell my aunt, guess the parts won't be comming until Monday now.

To my surprise on Saturday aftrenoon a fedex truck pulls up. And delivered on a Saturday !
I was really surprised. It was just a standard ground package.
Wondering, does Fedex work Saturdays there ? Or was it just an extra run they did, to keep up with demand ?

When I was in Florida, I ordered my aunt, autoparts directly from the GM parts warehouse, since we couldn't get them anywhere, esle we looked locally.
Nevertheless the work week goes by, and by Friday evening, I tell my aunt, guess the parts won't be comming until Monday now.

To my surprise on Saturday aftrenoon a fedex truck pulls up. And delivered on a Saturday !
I was really surprised. It was just a standard ground package.
Wondering, does Fedex work Saturdays there ? Or was it just an extra run they did, to keep up with demand ?
that still would not have been on time for the race car driver.

klein

that still would not have been on time for the race car driver.

I don't want to argue here, but according to the op, he needed it Friday. Now, it's useless, and wants it shipped back.
His quote : "
Can send it for next week delivery. No mention of a refund or adj still.
Won't work. Too late now. Customer has race this weekend and needed TODAY.
Here's where it get's funny: they want to charge me to return the package to me from the local facility! "

Like me next Saturday, I'm heading off to Mexico. But, a Saturday delivery would do me no darn good. Flight leaves at 6:35am, plus 3hrs prior check in.

Anyways, it's done. He'll get his shipped item returned, and lost a sale.
Could be worse if it was documents he needed, like a passport, or ticket of some kind.

SWORDFISH

I thought it was supposed to be an auto refund when we screw up. It is UPS gaurantee on NDA to be there ontime the next day or money back. By the way I still won the race w/ out the part. I just cut holes in the bottom of the car and had a passenger ride w/ me. We just fred flinstoned it accross the line.

fethrs

Just don't trust next day delivery with UPS anymore.

Gee thanks Klein, for bashing UPS like that, on Bc too, that's real good, talk about a sales lead.
Why don't you just send everyone else running to our competitors, who needs a job eh?