BrownCafe mentioned during PCM

upsmanclt

"I know that the BrownCafe has information on how to cheat telematics, but I am telling you, you don't want to mess with this stuff, people are watching." Paraphrased center manager quote.

S

serenity now

"I know that the BrownCafe has information on how to cheat telematics, but I am telling you, you don't want to mess with this stuff, people are watching." Paraphrased center manager quote.

scared.jpg
scared.jpg

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
It is amazing how ignorant, paranoid people can get. Yeah, we get it. People are watching. That's kind of the definition of the whole telematics scheme. Maybe I missed something during the telematics posts, but I never saw anything about cheating telematics. Someone needs to go back to nanny school.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Anyone who CAN'T figure out how to cheat it without a forum is not exactly a genius.

IF you choose to bypass the system, it's pretty easily done. But, with the way I've heard of people being followed and suspended/fired, there's not a chance in hell I would try to be shady.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
In what way can we "cheat" it that would be a fireable offense?

Only thing I know how to do is show up less on the backing report. They can't fire you for backing anyway so what's it matter.

Cementups

Box Monkey

Only thing I know how to do is show up less on the backing report. They can't fire you for backing anyway so what's it matter.

Using a magnet on the door sensor and being able to leave the bulkhead open all the time. In the beginning we had a couple drivers just click their seat belt in when they left in the morning and then just sat on it all day without every actually putting it on. Yeah, that shows up.

A buddy of mine gets upset because my average backing speed is the highest in the center and I also have one of the biggest trucks. He's in a P7 and can't catch up to me. Ha ha ha. Thursday I averaged over 6 mph.

upsmanclt

My center manager is not famous for specifics, but she did mention something about magnets and contacts. She also said something about a lawsuit and being required to address recording while traveling, also mentioned cameras in package cars being used in GA. We've had telematics since June of 2012 and they are just now starting to mention the reports.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Its a lot less stressful if you just ignore it like I do.

When they first installed it, they generated paper printouts with Google Earth satellite photos showing the exact location where every "offense" occured. On a center that sends out 60+routes a day, the sheer volume of paper became overwhelming. They were literally going thru reams of copy paper and dozens of printer ink cartridges a week, and the reports were creating a huge mess of paper blowing around everywhere like confetti. That stupidity eventually ended. Now, they will occasionally approach a driver about Telematics, but they havent spoken to me about it in over a year and I am a chronic offender when it comes to recording while idling, backing etc.

Cementups

Box Monkey

When they first installed it, they generated paper printouts with Google Earth satellite photos showing the exact location where every "offense" occured. On a center that sends out 60+routes a day, the sheer volume of paper became overwhelming. They were literally going thru reams of copy paper and dozens of printer ink cartridges a week, and the reports were creating a huge mess of paper blowing around everywhere like confetti. That stupidity eventually ended. Now, they will occasionally approach a driver about Telematics, but they havent spoken to me about it in over a year and I am a chronic offender when it comes to recording while idling, backing etc.

Yup, they waste paper and ink and such which equals money but then they want us to pay for benefits and take less of a raise. GENIUS!!!

S

serenity now

the thrill of the new toy quickly faded here also

stink219

Using a magnet on the door sensor and being able to leave the bulkhead open all the time. In the beginning we had a couple drivers just click their seat belt in when they left in the morning and then just sat on it all day without every actually putting it on. Yeah, that shows up.

A buddy of mine gets upset because my average backing speed is the highest in the center and I also have one of the biggest trucks. He's in a P7 and can't catch up to me. Ha ha ha. Thursday I averaged over 6 mph.
I still have the highest. 202 mph for a distance of .54 of a mile. It's a long story!!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Telematics once showed me backing up 300 feet at 20MPH. Had it been accurate, I would have backed all the way through the building, out the back wall, through the courtyard, and into a ravine.

You should have mentioned that BrownCafe also has threads on stopping management harassment, safety, movie reviews, and what goodies to take on trips to Cuba.