BrownCafe mentioned during PCM

UPSGUY72

The only people that worry about the telematics report are the SUP's there bosses and the drivers that don't follow the methods. No one is perfect they are always going to be able to tell you that you did something wrong. You just need to have thick skin and be able to let there morning BS pass threw one ear and out the other than leave the building and go do your job the right way. Running around like a chicken with your head cut off trying to cut corners to make up time doesn't really work. Smooth and steady wins the race. You learn this by trial and error... However there are drivers that will never learn this they are the ones always getting talked to in the morning...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Its a lot less stressful if you just ignore it like I do.

When they first installed it, they generated paper printouts with Google Earth satellite photos showing the exact location where every "offense" occured. On a center that sends out 60+routes a day, the sheer volume of paper became overwhelming. They were literally going thru reams of copy paper and dozens of printer ink cartridges a week, and the reports were creating a huge mess of paper blowing around everywhere like confetti. That stupidity eventually ended. Now, they will occasionally approach a driver about Telematics, but they havent spoken to me about it in over a year and I am a chronic offender when it comes to recording while idling, backing etc.

Yup, they waste paper and ink and such which equals money but then they want us to pay for benefits and take less of a raise. GENIUS!!!

Soon they will buy all the sups tablets to save paper lol

'Lord Brown's bidding'

So where are all these cheats found here on Brown Cafe, since there are so many of them apparently??

I like these gems:

In what way can we "cheat" it that would be a fireable offense?
Only thing I know how to do is show up less on the backing report. They can't fire you for backing anyway so what's it matter.

I don't need to cheat telematics, when it cheats itself and it's owners every day.

I just do my job the same way as I did before telematics

Its a lot less stressful if you just ignore it like I do.

If you aren't "afraid" of it, you've won. (You won't be afraid of it if you have nothing to be afraid of. I use the trick to show up less on the backing report, but really to help the centers numbers as best I can. To be honest I've done methods like not backing to the dock if only having one pkg, or backing up first so I can pull out; these things were common-sense ways to save time. I was ahead of the report before it was released, before the trick for backing was posted here!)

'Lord Brown's bidding'

They are talking about tampering with the equipment which will most definitely get you fired.

I haven't seen any drivers here post info about tampering with equipment, aside from examples of how to get fired (like the guy who sat on his buckled seatbelt all day). The center manager shouldn't be warning drivers about BC; they should be like, "Like those guys over there, see? Listen to them! Don't fool around with the system!"

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
QUOTE=Stink219;1098686]I still have the highest. 202 mph for a distance of .54 of a mile. It's a long story!![/QUOTE]

I TOLD you, scheduled for repair! Please be patient:funny:

S

serenity now

i take a 40 lb. horseshoe magnet to work every day and duct tape it to the bulkhead on the cargo side near the "brain box"

not sure if it helps, but it really looks cool * one drawback though, sometimes it will snatch the pen out of my shirt pocket

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
"I know that the BrownCafe has information on how to cheat telematics, but I am telling you, you don't want to mess with this stuff, people are watching." Paraphrased center manager quote.
"I know bombmaking.com has information on how to build bombs, but you don't wanna mess with this stuff, people are watching". Browncafe doesn't fire people, people fire people. If you choose to do stupid stuff, my advice is to not blame BC for your own stupidity.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
i take a 40 lb. horseshoe magnet to work every day and duct tape it to the bulkhead on the cargo side near the "brain box"

not sure if it helps, but it really looks cool * one drawback though, sometimes it will snatch the pen out of my shirt pocket
I go through a roll of aluminum foil a week also.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I go through a roll of aluminum foil a week also.

We call it the "paddle". Telematics and keyless have added probably 25% to my workload. Still gotta do 8hrs and no more. Sorry, I don't have time for the leaks, squeaks and rattles. Gotta make the center manager happy when they can't tell if the bulkhead is open!

WorknLateHuh

A buddy of mine gets upset because my average backing speed is the highest in the center and I also have one of the biggest trucks. He's in a P7 and can't catch up to me. Ha ha ha. Thursday I averaged over 6 mph.

I got you beat at 35 mph. And that's while checking my next stop with sandwich in hand, engine smoking.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I like these gems:

If you aren't "afraid" of it, you've won. (You won't be afraid of it if you have nothing to be afraid of. I use the trick to show up less on the backing report, but really to help the centers numbers as best I can. To be honest I've done methods like not backing to the dock if only having one pkg, or backing up first so I can pull out; these things were common-sense ways to save time. I was ahead of the report before it was released, before the trick for backing was posted here!)

I was doing rock and roll, before rocking and rolling was cool. At every intersection, in everything I drive. Its common sense defensive driving.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
If you are doing your job right, using proper methods, you aren't cheating telematics, you're getting paid for every minute you work and you have no worries about who's watching or not watching. It's all win/win. DUH

purplesky

That PCM about the BC was more than just a warning about Telematics cheating. UPS corp. and FDX corp. have had a presence on here for a long time and its really ruined this website.

If you GOOGLE UPS STRIKE 2013 you will get a hit for this website. UPS is obviously trying to use scare tactics to make UPSERS afraid to post anything negative about UPS on the BC.:wink2:

You know FDX really must hate these forums with all the activity they have going now.:wink2:

menotyou

bella amicizia
I told my on-car this site is where I learned about the new diad that we are getting soon. He'd never heard of this site, didn't care about it, just wants me to get a picture of the new diad for him. lol!