Built in time allowance for OJS rides!

Driveslayer

How much extra time is figured into a OJS Ride. Its xtra time for sup. to ask and review safety questions with driver. Is this why sups. get upset if drivers won't answer them while driving? Just asking.

No extra time allowed for OJS rides. Much like there is no extra time allowed for: traffic jams, closed roads, breaking route for splits, construction delays, cod delays, indirecting packages, and a myriad of other time wasters we encounter on a daily basis.
They get upset if we cannot recite the safety drivel because they take it on the chin if those above them find out the drivers cannot recite the stuff from memory. I once heard a center manager getting cussed out by a dm because two of his drivers could not recite the ten point commentary. It wasn't the center manager's fault really, but he took it on the chin that day. The next day, the entire center was given a "pop quiz" on the ten point commentary.

upsgrunt

The added time allowance increase for an OJS ride is the same as the increase you receive for delivering all day in monsoon rains or white out snow storms. Hope this helps.

I was once told that there was a set amount of time(five minutes if I remember right) added with the OJS for going over the paper work and getting signatures. I have my doubts as to the validity of that claim. I was also told by another sup that the only thing the denoting of the OJS with the sups initials was to document that he/she rode with you that day. That sounds more plausible to me.
As far as why they get mad if you don't answer them...they get mad anytime you don't answer them the way they want you to.

j13501

There is no "extra" planned time on an OJS ride. The idea is to observe what occurs during the day with the same work measurement. Some rides are safety rides, some performance rides and some are a combination of both.