Bumped PT

Indecisi0n

another1.jpg

Days

Is your sup supposed to contact you about being bumped back to PT or are you supposed to call in and find out?

One of the pitfalls of this company sometimes. They need to put scheduling as well as approved vacation/option days on the UPSers website

Walk88

Since peak was over I've been bumped backed to PT. Sup started calling every week to see if I wanted AM or PM. One week I didn't have enough seniorty to bump back, that week he never called to even tell me. The next few weeks he called and gave me my options. A couple weeks ago I asked for a day off for personal reasons. It turned into a huge deal on his part. Since I told him it was personal and basically none of his business he won't call now. That's why I want to know is it my responsibility to call or his? I don't do the scheduling so how am I supposed to know if I'm driving, bumped, or in total layoff.

Yolo

I don't think it would be possible to be totally laid off. You should always have the right to bump part timers .

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I don't think it would be possible to be totally laid off. You should always have the right to bump part timers .

Nope.

Not in the Central, and I think it should be that way everywhere. Why should a driver be able to bump a PTer if he does not have more Company seniority?

Just because he is FT?

Seniority rules.

Central Region

Article 3

Section 6

Laid-off, full-time seniority employees, in the order of their seniority, may elect to take the work of one (1) or two (2) part-time employees, for the duration of the layoff, provided they have more total Company seniority.

Walk88

That's exactly the boat I'm in. But one week management is cool about calling and the next week they make a big deal about you not calling to check on schedule. There's no win with management

CoolStoryBro

Nope.

Laid-off, full-time seniority employees, in the order of their seniority, may elect to take the work of one (1) or two (2) part-time employees, for the duration of the layoff, provided they have more total Company seniority.

depends on your language. This language says "may." That implies that it's up to you. Be pro-active.

Where I'm at we cannot bump part timers.

Boston25

Since peak was over I've been bumped backed to PT. Sup started calling every week to see if I wanted AM or PM. One week I didn't have enough seniorty to bump back, that week he never called to even tell me. The next few weeks he called and gave me my options. A couple weeks ago I asked for a day off for personal reasons. It turned into a huge deal on his part. Since I told him it was personal and basically none of his business he won't call now. That's why I want to know is it my responsibility to call or his? I don't do the scheduling so how am I supposed to know if I'm driving, bumped, or in total layoff.
Well what supplement do you fall under??