Bumping/9.5

Overpaid Union Thug

Scenario; 2 cover drivers in an open route center (no bidding for lower senority). I run 3-4 different routes a week pretty much every week.
What happens when one of the vultures tries to bump me off of a gravy junk route and onto a :censored2: show after I've already had 2 9.5's??
I see no language covering this
I know that Supplements have different language but shouldn’t seniority prevail when bidding routes regardless of how routes are selected?

KoennenTiger

I keep volunteering for Saturday and then hearing that the tue - sat drivers keep getting a sixth punch on Monday.

But hey they are bottom rate.

Clever UPS. Oh you don't need me on Sat again? You just need this guy whose name I don't even know to come out on Monday. Clever

35years

Gravy route
I keep volunteering for Saturday and then hearing that the tue - sat drivers keep getting a sixth punch on Monday.

But hey they are bottom rate.

Clever UPS. Oh you don't need me on Sat again? You just need this guy whose name I don't even know to come out on Monday. Clever
No doubt that was a major factor in their decision to run 6 days of ground.

Now, if part time air drivers are getting a 6th punch Saturday, you can bump them off the work or grieve their hrs and get paid for not working, because they are running ground Saturday.

Drivers need to be aware of their right to Saturday work if part timers are getting a 6th punch. This is extra work, seniority prevails.

Last edited:
No doubt that was a major factor in their decision to run 6 days of ground.

Now, if part time air drivers are getting a 6th punch Saturday, you can bump them off the work or grieve their hrs and get paid for not working, because they are running ground Saturday.

Drivers need to be aware of their right to Saturday work if part timers are getting a 6th punch. This is extra work, seniority prevails.
That would only work if the PT air drivers were delivering ground packages.

35years

Gravy route
That would only work if the PT air drivers were delivering ground packages.
Not true.

Since they are running 6 days of ground full time regular drivers have the right to bump the part timers for the 6th punch. Even if the air drivers are not touching ground.

Grievances have already tested this.

Not true.

Since they are running 6 days of ground full time regular drivers have the right to bump the part timers for the 6th punch. Even if the air drivers are not touching ground.

Grievances have already tested this.
At least here full timers cant deliver air on Saturdays. 8 hours here, no time worked.

35years

Gravy route
Saturday becomes a full operations day.

6th punch Saturday is now extra work. Claimed by seniority by regular full timers by seniority before part time air drivers.

Ask yourself...

Can part time air drivers take air work from regular drivers on Monday?

No.

Same thing Saturday if it is 6th punch and Saturday is a regular operations/ground day.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Just keep filing if you're violated 3 days or more.

Happened to me this week. Back to back 11 hour days. I voiced my "concern" about getting fatigued behind the wheel which magically turned Thursday into an 8 hour day where I was punched out and home by 5:45. The company is terrified of 9.5 overages so they keep see-sawing certain routes back and forth from blown-out to the truck being half empty. Each day is like a box of chocolates.

ManInBrown

Scenario; 2 cover drivers in an open route center (no bidding for lower senority). I run 3-4 different routes a week pretty much every week.
What happens when one of the vultures tries to bump me off of a gravy junk route and onto a :censored2: show after I've already had 2 9.5's??
I see no language covering this
Did you request that route for the week? If so doesnt matter if you get bumped or they move you to a different route citing”operational needs”

Its a big trick management tried to use here when drivers didnt know any better.