Bumping part time employees

Nomorecheese

In my center the bottom few drivers, that don’t drive, get scheduled for evening sort because they seem to never have enough part timers hired. When all the drivers drive for the day, they force drivers to stay and sort as needed. They recently hired a few part time pre loaders. So instead of us getting scheduled for evening sort, shouldn’t we be able to bump the pre loaders that have less seniority?

charm299

In my center the bottom few drivers, that don’t drive, get scheduled for evening sort because they seem to never have enough part timers hired. When all the drivers drive for the day, they force drivers to stay and sort as needed. They recently hired a few part time pre loaders. So instead of us getting scheduled for evening sort, shouldn’t we be able to bump the pre loaders that have less seniority?
Who is “we”

Jarzola23

I have a question on this subject too. If I’m a 22.4 driver and not driving And have to go into local sort or Pre load what are my limitations of what I can bump someone off with my seniority?

Up In Smoke

The company must schedule every seniority employee each week. This schedule must be posted by the end of tour on the last scheduled work day for each shift. You are required to report for your scheduled shift each day unless called off by management. If you are called off and desire your "guarantee" make that known when being called off. If you report and are informed that no work is available, grab a steward and get your 6 hour guarantee for showing up. Hold the company as responsible with your paychecks as they do you with their packages. The schedules for all shifts must be posted and know where your seniority allows you to move on a week by week basis. This is the big leagues and everyone needs to be responsible for their own work opportunities. Get in front of these issues and demand your rights. Stewards far too often asked to pickup after everyone.

Poop Head

Judge me.
1413659eikJ94NY.gif

@Wally copyright.patent pending

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
I have a question on this subject too. If I’m a 22.4 driver and not driving And have to go into local sort or Pre load what are my limitations of what I can bump someone off with my seniority?
You are full-time. I believe you should be able to bump every part timer inside. Even if they have 15 years and you only have 1. You are always guaranteed work if you demand it. That said; It should be bottom up for part timers. Ex. You are told to work preload because there are no driving routes available. They look at the list and whatever part time employee is lowest on seniority, gets told no work today. You work. As far as choosing which position you want to do, unload, night sort etc. I don't think you really get a choice. Just enjoy knowing you're making double what anyone there is making and chuck some boxes

Last edited:

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
In our local if evening sort is short staffed then pre loaders based on seniority are asked to volunteer first over before drivers are asked